Professional Development & Career Advancement
Count on Cone Health to support your professional growth and development. Discover the people and programs dedicated to helping you achieve your goals so you can enjoy a long and rewarding nursing career with us.
Career Guidance & Coaching
As a nurse at Cone Health, you’ll have access to specialists who can help you discover and fulfill your career and educational goals. Meet one-on-one with our nursing outreach and retention manager or one of our nursing peer advocates to discuss options and get connected with people and resources to support your growth.
Professional Nurse Advancement Program
Advance your nursing career while continuing to provide direct patient care. With Cone Heath’s Professional Nurse Advancement Program, you’ll grow your knowledge, skills, responsibilities and earning potential as you progress through a four-tier clinical ladder.
Educational Opportunities for Nurses
Take advantage of learning opportunities to improve your foundational knowledge, nursing practice and clinical expertise. Through Cone Health and our partners, you’ll find a wide range of programs and activities to support your career goals, such as:
- Advanced medical simulations at Union Square Campus
- Continuing education opportunities and workshops – Expand your nursing knowledge and skills through online and in-person experiences, including classes at Greensboro Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- Nursing grand rounds – Discuss clinical experiences and best practices with your colleagues once a month
- Nurse Tech Academy – Teaches nurse techs skills needed to work in acute care settings through a four-week program focused on caring for older adults
- RN to BSN program – Allows RNs with an associate’s degree to complete a bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree in two years; some courses are available on the Cone Health campus
- Specialty training and specialty certification – Build confidence and credibility as you gain expertise, knowledge and skills in a specialized area
- Registered Nurse First Assistant Program – Gives perioperative nurses the advanced knowledge and skills to become certified registered nurse first assistants (RNFAs)
- Nurse Leader Fellowship – Provides experience needed for a career in advanced nursing leadership and helps you build strategic thinking, risk-taking and visionary role modeling skills
Explore our financial aid programs for nursing education and certification.