The summer teen volunteer program for 2014 has ended. Thank you for your interest and please check back with us again next year.
We hope you consider participating in Cone Health’s teen volunteer program*, a great way to get hands-on experience in a hospital setting. As a volunteer, you will have the personal satisfaction of helping others.
Our ideal volunteer candidate is someone who genuinely wants to serve others and make a difference in the daily lives of our patients, visitors and staff. Every assignment completed by a volunteer supports our efforts to provide exemplary care. Our ideal volunteer knows that there are no small tasks when it comes to serving others.
*Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, Wesley Long Hospital and Cone Health Cancer Center and MedCenter High Point locations only. Learn about Annie Penn Hospital's Youth Volunteer program here.
Teen Volunteer Requirements
To qualify as a teen volunteer you must:
- Be at least 15 years of age by June 1.
- Have at least a B average in school.
- Be willing to volunteer for a minimum of one 2.5 to 3 hour shift each week.
Our six-week summer program begins TBD 2015, and ends TBD 2015. Every teen is expected to actively volunteer for at least five of the six weeks. There are no exceptions!
If you have any questions, please call us at (336) 832-2115 during normal business hours.
How To Become A Teen Volunteer
You and a parent or guardian must attend one of our mandatory information sessions. If you do not attend one of our information sessions, you will not be eligible to become a summer teen volunteer. Our upcoming information sessions are scheduled:
Our information sessions will be held on the Moses Cone Hospital campus in AHEC Room 30. This classroom is on the ground floor in the West Wing of the hospital. Click this link for new entrance and parking information at Moses Cone Hospital.
During our information sessions, we will share valuable information for prospective volunteers.
Each teen volunteer candidate must bring the following paperwork to this session. If you do not have all of the paperwork with you at the information session, you will NOT be able to participate in the teen volunteer program.
- A completed application.
- A copy of your immunization records:
- First and second Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccination.
- Tetanus (Td) current within the past 10 years.
- Hepatitis B (need this record if you have had the series).
- Chicken pox verification (vaccine or disease documented on the immunization record).
- Current report card with at least a B average.
- A school picture (wallet size), snapshot or driver's license.
- A 100-word essay on why you want to volunteer at one of our hospitals, which include Moses Cone Hospital, Wesley Long Hospital and Cone Health Cancer Center or MedCenter High Point.
During the information session, we ask you to sign up for our Teen Orientation to be held on DATE TBD only. You must be present for this orientation in order to volunteer – no exceptions.
If you have any questions, please call (336) 832-2115 during normal business hours.