AHA Training Center
The Cone Health Training Center has contracted with the American Heart Association (AHA) to provide basic and/or advanced adult and pediatric life support training courses to the community it serves. As a training center, Cone Health implements AHA science and education in the community. Courses are scheduled and conducted by the center at various locations and times. Both the AHA and Cone Health strive to reduce disability and death from cardiac and/or respiratory emergencies and stroke by improving the chain of survival in our community.
Courses offered include:
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Basic Life Support classes are offered to the community based on class availability. To inquire about registering for these classes, call 832-7387.
- If you are a Cone Health employee, you must register for BLS courses via CBL.
Basic Life Support Instructor Course (CPR)
Cone Health Training Center Course for Employees
*Written precourse self-assessments are required for ACLS and PALS. These are found on a CD in the required course textbook.
Winter Weather Schedule
- If Guilford County Schools are closed, we cancel Staff Education classes and instruct staff to report to their departments to determine needs and provide assistance.
- GAP classes will continue unless the Hospital Snow Plan is in effect OR if there is an extreme need on the departments.
- If Guilford County Schools are closed AND General Orientation was held on Monday, then Staff Education will continue with classes necessary for orienting new employees, ex. Cone Cone HealthLink, Clinical or Nursing Orientation, etc. (These staff would not be able to help in their departments because they haven't been properly oriented.)
- If Guilford County Schools are delayed, then Staff Education classes will run as scheduled.