The Foundation enhances the ability of Annie Penn Hospital to deliver state-of-the-art health care to all citizens within the hospital’s service area. The Foundation’s purpose is to raise funds and community awareness to enhance the health services provided by Annie Penn Hospital. As the sole governing body of the Foundation, the board of directors oversees the operational, strategic and financial plans of all foundation activities. Members are active participants in the fundraising process and serve as advocates for the hospital within the philanthropic community.
The Foundation Board is comprised of 24 volunteers who are carefully chosen community and professional leaders who preserve the Mission of Annie Penn Hospital and the Foundation to ensure that comprehensive medical services are being delivered in a quality manner consistent with the needs of Greater Rockingham County.
Back row left to right: Dr. Rivers Upchurch, Rev. Willie Hairston, Becky Norman, Tammy Spencer, Johnsie Hayes, Marc Cobb, and John Kolessar
Sitting left to right: Rochelle Tucker, Denise Brown, Leanna Lawson, Patricia Settle, Brian Greer, Susan Thompson, Vicky Alston, Kathy Cheek, and Robbie Citty
Not pictured: Larry Barefoot, Jane Frazier, Faye Gantt, Nathan Hemberg, Chris McMichael, Tripp Pruitt, Janie Robertson, Dr. Matt Taylor, and Heather Whitsett
- May 15, 2014 - Garden Party – Celebrating National Women’s Health Week
- August 23, 2014 – Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?
- December 6, 2014 – An Enchanted Evening - Pennrose Park Country Club
A Garden Party
The Annie Penn Foundation celebrated National Women’s Health Week on May 16 with a “garden party” fundraising event.
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?
This is an evening of elegant, simultaneous dinner buffets in private homes throughout Reidsville.
Attendees do not know which home they would be dining in until they receive notification just prior to the event.
An Enchanted Evening
A wonderful way to begin the holiday season, An Enchanted Evening is a gala held the first Saturday in December and features a live band, spectacular food and an elegant evening of fun and dancing.
Income from the endowment is used to award grants for hospital needs, as well as, support community outreach.
Examples of Recent Grants
Recent grant examples:
- Six (6) passenger golf cart for transporting patients and visitors from parking lot
- Start-up for Community Outreach programs – provides free blood pressure screenings within the community
- Support for free physician lectures for the community each month
- Communication boards for the Emergency Department
- A Nurse Cancer Navigator
- An elliptical machine for the employees’ gym
- New uniforms for the volunteer staff
- Mosaic tile for the existing Serenity Garden
- Relocation of the Annie Penn Chapel from 2nd floor to main lobby
- Community Walking Trail and signage
- Equipment for developing Low Vision Program
- Continuing Education Tuition to be Lymphedema Certified
- Creative Curriculum system for Preschool
- Serenity garden signage for artist and Annie Penn Hospital Foundation
- Outdoor kitchen
- Wall handrails for the main hall Annie Penn Cancer Center
- Start-up money for a Cancer Fund
- Fish aquarium for Emergency Department
- Trophy case
In addition to our fundraising efforts, donations can also be made by:
- Life insurance polices
- Real estate
- Bequest- remembering the Foundation in a Last Will and Testament
- Healing Hands Project
- Heritage Club Membership
The Heritage Club
Individuals who donate a minimum of $5,000 or above are proudly welcomed into the Annie Penn Hospital Foundation’s Heritage Club. The Heritage Club has five levels of giving:
- Diamond Level - $25,000 and greater.
- Platinum Level - $20,000.
- Gold Level - $15,000.
- Silver Level - $10,000.
- Bronze Level - $5,000.
Sustaining members are individuals who have pledged $5,000 or more and his/her name will move to the appropriate level of giving upon completion of donation.
For additional information on benefits of membership, please call the Annie Penn Hospital Foundation office at 336-951-4663.
View Heritage Club Members
How to Make a Donation
You can donate to the Annie Penn Hospital Foundation by calling 336.951.4663 or making an online donation.
View a "Donor Bill of Rights"
Whether your gift is small or large, you join the many other committed and motivated people who have so generously invested in the future of Annie Penn Hospital.
To learn more about the Annie Penn Hospital Foundation, call 336.951.4663 or email us.