As Cone Health’s flagship, The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital is the largest and most comprehensive medical center within our five-county region. A leader in compassionate, quality care, our easily accessible 63-acre campus includes a 536-bed teaching hospital and referral center.
Moses Cone Hospital welcomes visitors at any time unless otherwise directed by the patient, family, physician, nursing staff or program routine.
Specialty departments, such as Intensive Care Units, have special visiting hours. This information will be posted at each department entrance and is available at visitor reception areas.
Ultimately, the patient’s condition and needs take precedence regarding visiting options. At times, visitors may be asked to leave the patient room because of patient needs or department activities.
We ask that you refrain from visiting if you have been exposed to a communicable illness within the last three weeks and/or you have a fever or flu-like symptoms.
We welcome children to visit if they are accompanied and supervised at all times by an adult. During special situations, Moses Cone Hospital does reserve the right to restrict children from visiting; we will provide notice during such times.
For your convenience, each of our floors has a comfortable lounge area with access to a variety of food and beverage vending options.
Parking / Shuttle Service
We offer a variety of parking options for patients and visitors to Moses Cone Hospital. Patients and visitors now enter the hospital campus from N. Church St. The short drives takes people into a convenient parking deck. From there, a covered walkway leads past a fountain and into the main entrance – called “Entrance A.”
We are pleased to offer free valet parking for our patients and visitors. Our valet parking service is offered Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the main North Tower entrance off Church Street. Valet staff are present from 6 to 7 p.m. to retrieve cars, but do not park any vehicles during this time. Tipping is not required. To retrieve vehicles after hours, patients and visitors may call (336) 832-7849.
Welcome to Moses Cone Hospital cafeteria, conveniently located on the ground floor. It is open Monday through Sunday. Our cafeteria offers an assortment of hot foods, deli and grill items, a salad bar and desserts. All items are available for takeout.
Monday – Sunday
Breakfast: 6 to 10:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
*Dinner: 2 p.m. to 3 a.m.
*Limited menu options available 7 p.m. to 3 a.m.
In addition to our hospital cafeteria, a Subway is located in the Atrium lobby on the first floor. Subway is open Monday through Sunday from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. The menu includes sandwiches, soups, salads, breakfast options, baked goods and specialty hot drinks.
We also offer vending services throughout the hospital.
The Magnolia Gift Shop is located on the first floor in the Atrium lobby across from Subway. A variety of personal and gift items are available for purchase. Our gift shop is operated by a staff of volunteers.
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
For more information, contact the Magnolia Gift Shop during business hours at (336) 832-8146.
Spiritual Care Services
Our professional chaplains are a resource for emotional or spiritual concerns and support, contacting clergy or religious representatives for assistance with sacraments or Advance Directives (Living Will and Health Care Power of Attorney).
Our Moses Cone Hospital staff chaplains may be contacted by calling your nurse or the hospital operator. The Department of Spiritual Care and Wholeness also may be reached by calling (336) 832-7950 during normal business hours.
Director, Dept. for Spiritual Care & Wholeness
Moses Cone Staff Chaplain
Our interfaith hospital chapel, located adjacent to the third floor central waiting room, is available 24 hours a day for private prayer and meditation.
Moses Cone Hospital, the flagship of Cone Health, has a long and illustrious history dating back to 1911. That year, Bertha Cone established a trust to build a hospital as a memorial to her husband Moses. Construction began on the hospital in 1949, and we admitted our first patient in 1953.
Since our inception, we’ve continued to stay true to our promise to serve our community by delivering exceptional, compassionate healthcare – a mission we continue to honor today.
- Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification.
- Chest Pain Center Certification by Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Level II Regional Trauma Center accredited by North Carolina and verified by the American College of Surgeons.
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities Accreditation for Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation for Adults, Adolescents and Pediatrics, Brain Injury Specialty Program, Stroke Specialty Program.
- Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation 2011 Top Performer Award.
- Aetna Institute of Quality for Orthopedic Care – Spine and Total Joint Replacement.
- United Health Premium Total Joint and Surgical Spine, and Cardiac Care.
- Blue Distinction: Spine, Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery, Cardiac Surgery and Interventional Cardiology.
- Adult Transthoracic Echocardiography program certified by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission.
- Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery Program – Three-Star Performer (highest category of quality).
- Cone Health Echo Lab accredited in Echocardiography in the area of Adult Transthoracic and Adult Transesophageal by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC).