18 Great 100 Work at Cone Health--Again!
Once again, 18 of the top nurses in North Carolina work for Cone Health. This is the third consecutive year that 18 Cone Health nurses made the annual list of outstanding nursing professionals created by the grassroots organization the Great 100.
“Cone Health is honored to have such a large number of RNs selected for the Great 100,” says Teresa Brodrick, RN, Executive Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, Cone Health. “Their outstanding work moves us closer to our vision of being a national leader in providing measurably superior healthcare. We are ecstatic to have so many incredible nurses recognized for all they do for our patients and our communities."
The outstanding nurses are:
• Sherry Bolen, RN, Medical/Surgical ICU, Women’s Hospital.
• Rey Buendia, RN, Department 3700, CPCU, The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital.
• Jacqueline Clarke, RN, Oncology, Wesley Long Hospital.
• Amy Clegg, Nurse Practitioner, Inpatient Wound, Ostomy, Continence Center, Moses Cone Hospital.
• Barbara Cooper, RN, Clinical Nurse Educator, Moses Cone Hospital.
• Cheryl Denny, RN, Care Coordinator, ICU Step-down, Moses Cone Hospital.
• Elisa Haynes, RN, Day Surgery Center, Annie Penn Hospital.
• Linda Jobe, RN, Assistant Director, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Wesley Long Hospital.
• Patty Keaton, RN, Department 2300, Surgical ICU, Moses Cone Hospital.
• Debra Mack, RN, Staff Educator, Cone Health Behavioral Health Hospital.
• Rita Mintmier, RN, Stroke Team Coordinator, Cone Health Stroke Center.
• Kimberly Moore, RN, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Annie Penn Hospital.
• Ashley Olson, RN, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Women’s Hospital.
• Maryellen Paton, RN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Moses Cone Hospital.
• Sara Pugh, RN, Care Coordinator, Oncology, Wesley Long Hospital.
• Julia Roberts, RN, Department 2900, Coronary Intensive Care Step-down, Moses Cone Hospital.
• Stacey Toben, RN, Emergency Department, Moses Cone Hospital.
• Jamie Tracy, RN, Oncology, Wesley Long Hospital.
Recipients are nominated by their peers and selected on the basis several attributes including professionalism, commitment, caring and integrity. The Great 100 nurses will be honored at a gala on Oct. 22 at the Koury Convention Center.
More than 2,500 nurses work for Cone Health.