Patient and Visitor FAQs - Cone Health - Greensboro, NC

Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the street addresses for Cone Health’s main facilities?

The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital
1200 N. Elm Street
Greensboro, NC 27401-1020

Wesley Long Hospital
501 N. Elam Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27403

Women's Hospital
801 Green Valley Road
Greensboro, NC 27408

Annie Penn Hospital
618 S. Main Street
Reidsville, NC 27320

Cone Health Behavioral Health Hospital
700 Walter Reed Drive
Greensboro, NC 27403

Find addresses for other Cone Health affiliated locations.

What are the phone numbers for Cone Health’s main facilities?

To call Cone Health toll-free, dial 1 (866) 391-2734.

Our local phone numbers are:

The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, (336) 832-7000

Wesley Long Hospital, (336) 832-1000

Women's Hospital, (336) 832-6500

Cone Health Behavioral Health Hospital, (336) 832-9600

Annie Penn Hospital, (336) 951-4000

How many employees does Cone Health have?

Our Cone Health network has more than 8,600 employees.

How many beds does each hospital have?

The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital: 536 beds

Wesley Long Hospital: 175 beds

Women's Hospital: 134 beds (including 36 in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)

Annie Penn Hospital: 110 acute-care beds

Cone Health Behavioral Health Hospital: 80 beds.

What are the visiting hours?

Our visiting hours vary depending on the location and the patient’s particular unit. Please check with your nursing staff on duty for visiting hours.

Also, visitation may be restricted by the patient, the patient's physician or the nursing staff.

Children may visit if accompanied and supervised at all times by an adult. Anyone who has been exposed to a communicable illness (such as measles, chickenpox, mumps, etc.) within the last three weeks and/or has fever and flu-like symptoms should not visit.

Where should I park?

Free parking is available at all Cone Health facilities. Parking areas are clearly marked. Our parking lots are well lighted at night and patrolled by our security services staff. Patients and visitors are advised not to park illegally in handicapped spaces or fire lanes. Vehicles parked illegally will be ticketed; in some instances, they may be towed.

What is the hospital's smoking policy?

All Cone Health facilities are tobacco free. Employees, physicians, volunteers, patients and visitors will not be permitted to smoke or use any tobacco products while on Cone Health property. This includes buildings, parking lots and vehicles in parking lots, garages and grounds.

What types of food service are available?

Each of our hospitals has its own cafeteria. Each cafeteria generally operates from 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. for breakfast; 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for lunch; and 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. for dinner.  Check with your particular hospital location to determine the precise hours of operation.

Our cafeterias offer an assortment of hot foods, deli and grill items, salad bar and desserts. All items are available for takeout.

Moses Cone Hospital and Wesley Long Hospital have Subway restaurants located off the main lobbies, and all hospitals have vending services available.

Can I buy flowers at the hospital?

Moses Cone Hospital, Wesley Long Hospital, Women's Hospital and Annie Penn Hospital operate gift shops where visitors may purchase flowers, personal and gift items. Our shops are operated by volunteers. Hours vary according to the hospital. No flowers or plants are permitted in intensive or critical care departments. Visitors should check with the nursing staff before bringing gifts, especially food or drink, to patients.

Are there ATMs on-site?

Automated teller machines (ATMs) are available to help with your banking needs.

Are there interpreters at the hospitals?

Resources, including foreign and sign language interpreters and adaptive equipment for sight- and hearing-impaired patients, are available to meet most communication needs.

Call 336-832-0145 for more information.

How can I contact a chaplain?

The chaplains from the Department of Spiritual Care and Wholeness are available for your support or to help you contact someone from your faith community. They also can help you complete Advanced Directives. To learn more, call your hospital and ask to speak to a chaplain.

Is there a chapel available?

Chapels are available for private prayer and meditation.

What is an Advance Directive (living will)?

If you are 18 or older and mentally competent, you have the right to make decisions about your medical care. Advance Directives, which consist of a Living Will and a Healthcare Power of Attorney, are legal forms that help you do that. A Living Will lets you state your wishes about medical care. A Healthcare Power of Attorney lets you name a person to make healthcare decisions for you if you become unable to make decisions on your own.

Our hospitals have information available to help you prepare an Advance Directive. Forms are available at nursing stations. In addition, our chaplains and clinical social workers are available to help you complete them. If you already have an Advance Directive prepared, please arrange to have a copy brought to the hospital.

For more information on Advance Directives, contact the Department for Spiritual Care and Wholeness at (336) 832-7950.

How can I get a copy of my birth certificate?

Copies of birth certificates are not available through the hospital. If you were born in Guilford County, you should call the Guilford County Register of Deeds at (336) 641-7556. If you were born in Rockingham County, you should call the Rockingham County Register of Deeds at (336) 342-8820.