All Cone Health facilities are tobacco-free. This means that employees, physicians, volunteers, patients and visitors will not be permitted to smoke or use any tobacco products while on the health network's property. This includes buildings, parking lots and vehicles in parking lots, garages, grounds and most off-site locations.
If you wish to quit smoking, help is available:
- Our Cone Health Cancer Center offers an eight-session program of smoking cessation classes to any smoker over the age of 18. Call (336) 832-0894 for more information.
- Our Cone Health Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation team offers counseling to help smokers quit. Call (336) 832-2953 for an appointment.
- Annie Penn Hospital offers smoking-cessation classes in the Cardiac Rehabilitation Classroom. For more information about the next series, call 951-4509.
- Quit Coaching is available by calling the NC Quitline at 1 (800) QUIT-NOW or 1 (800) 784-8669. Seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 3 a.m., you can speak to a trained coach who will help you develop a plan to quit. This is a free phone call.
- You also can get help to quit smoking on websites such as www.smokefree.gov and www.quitnownc.org.