Our Fully Accredited Bariatric Program
Our Cone Health Bariatric Surgery program is fully-accredited by the American College of Surgeons as a Level 1 Bariatric Surgery Center Network (BSCN). Our program meets rigorous national standards by providing experienced, comprehensive and quality care for patients seeking and undergoing bariatric surgery.
Level 1 accreditation is based on the following requirements:
- More than 125 bariatric surgery procedures annually.
- Participation in the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP).
- Participation in Bariatric Module of NSQIP.
- Program Quality Outcomes are benchmarked with other BSCN sites across the nation.
Center of Excellence
Our Bariatric Surgery program is recognized as a Center of Excellence by North Carolina’s top four health plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – Blue Distinction for Bariatric Surgery.
- United Healthcare – Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery.
- Aetna – Institutes of Quality for Bariatric Surgery.
- CIGNA – Designated Facility for Bariatric Surgery.