Stay close to home while gaining access to advanced targeted treatments for chronic leukemia at Cone Health Cancer Center.
Types of Leukemia We Treat
Turn to Cone Health Cancer Center for treatment of all types of chronic leukemia that affect adults, including:
Advanced Diagnostic Blood Tests
In some cases, your Cone Health team can diagnose your specific type of leukemia through blood tests that:
- Reveal your complete blood count
- Examine the size and shape of your blood cells
- Look for signs of genetic mutations
Through advanced genetic testing, including fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), your care team can quickly and accurately detect chromosomal changes associated with certain types of leukemia.
If your care team needs more information, your doctor may recommend a bone marrow aspiration and biopsy.
Individualized Treatment Plan
Trust your Cone Health medical oncologist to explain your treatment options and help you develop a care plan that fits your condition, treatment goals and preferences. Your plan may incorporate:
- Standard chemotherapy – Attacks rapidly reproducing cells, including cancer cells; usually delivered through an IV
- Targeted therapy – More accurately zeros in on and attacks cancer cells while sparing more healthy cells; usually administered in pill form
- Palliative care – Reduces pain and other symptoms at any stage of treatment
Learn more about cancer treatments and support services at Cone Health.
You’ll build a relationship with your Cone Health doctor as you visit regularly for care that helps you work toward remission, and then monitors your health for life. Work together to prevent or control infections, watch for leukemia recurrence and manage your risk for developing other types of cancer.
Learn more about cancer survivorship and follow-up care.