Center Of Excellence
Our Cancer Center is a Center of Excellence for Cone Health. Oncology is one of Cone Health’s specialties where we are committed to the highest levels of excellence. By meeting certain criteria, we consistently demonstrate excellence in research, cancer prevention and clinical services.
Cone Health provides the finest in medical, radiation and surgical oncology.
Exceptional Facilities, Technology and Processes
- The first in the state to offer the TruBeam STx stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS).
- Among the first to offer TomoTherapy treatment options for complex cancer sites.
- Options for treatment of brain tumors and other neurological disorders through surgically precise radiation.
- Nationally-recognized leadership in cancer research, including more than 40 clinical research trials occurring at any given time.
- New Doris S. Tanger Center for Patient and Family Support provides education, support and prevention for the community.
Recognition and Awards
- Cone Health has one of the most advanced radiation oncology teams in the state.
- Commendation from the College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- Board certified hematology/oncology teams across a broad spectrum of cancer care.
- Only cancer center in the state invited into the Accelerated Clinical Oncology Research Network of clinical trials.
Our cancer registry continuously monitors our quality of care.
Our patients have the opportunity to provide feedback to management through surveys, focus groups and patient improvement committees. The results from patient satisfaction surveys are ranked against similar Cancer Centers across North America.