We need gifts for newborns to children 18 years old. The following are suggested gifts broken into age groups:
Infants/Toddlers: Rattles, teethers, squeeze toys, activity centers, mobiles, musical toys, toys that light up or make noise, stacking toys, crib activity centers, board books, receiving blankets, 3-6 months clothes, 6-9 months clothes, onesies and lullaby CDs.
Preschool: Little Tikes toys, no-spill bubble tumblers, baby dolls, cars and trucks, Fisher-Price play medical kit, musical toys, non-toxic paint/brushes and Play-Doh packs.
School Age: Etch-A-Sketch, Magna Doodle, board games, Crayola art kits, jewelry kits, craft kits, video games, Barbie dolls, hand-held games, nontoxic paint/brushes, DVDs, Duplos/Legos, coloring books/crayons, hand-held electronic games and new stuffed animals.
Teens: Gift cards to popular stores, Uno cards, playing cards, Jenga, Taboo, iPod Touch, electronic tablets, e-Reader devices, models, craft kits, stationery, crossword or word search books, magazines, video games, DVDs, make-up, aftershave, body lotions and nail polish.
Every family deserves to bring their baby home with all of the supplies and equipment needed to care for their newborn with confidence. That's why the Family Support Network of Central Carolina offers Elizabeth's Closet on the Women’s Hospital campus.
Elizabeth’s Closet is a storehouse of supplies for eligible families who are finally going home with their Neonatal Intensive Care Unit "grads." We are always in need of supplies to keep our many support services for families going strong.
Donations of new or gently used baby items and equipment help us to stock our storehouse of supplies for needy families.
- New bottles with nipples.
- Hooded towels.
- Receiving blankets.
- New or gently used infant clothing, especially preemie and newborn size clothing for girls.
- Frog positioning aids.
- Diapers, newborn or size 1.
- New or gently used breastfeeding pillows.
- Head-molding helmets.
- Onesies, size newborn or 0-3 months.
- New or like new baby furniture and equipment (give us a call to check for need). Please make sure these items are clean and in good working condition.
- Scrapbooks or scrapbooking supplies.
- Gas cards for families who must travel long distances to be with their babies.
- Grocery gift cards or vouchers.
- Restaurant gift cards or coupons.
- High-back, reclining high chair (great for infants and toddlers with special needs).
Your support is very much appreciated. If you have questions, please call the Family Support Network at (336) 832-6507. Donations may be delivered to 801 Green Valley Road in Greensboro.
A “Frog” is a beanbag positioning aid that is shaped like one of those amiable amphibians. Originally designed by a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit nurse, a Frog helps with comfortable positioning of a premature baby. The Frog may be placed around the infant's head, neck or hips. It can be adjusted for special positioning needs, or used as an extra set of hands, giving the infant a snuggled feeling.
For each donation of $15, the Family Support Network of Central Carolina can purchase a Frog for an infant in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit who needs one. Click here to read more and make a secure online donation.