Women's Heart Health
Cone Health is proud to partner with WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease in the National Hospital Alliance. This partnership enhances the services Cone Health currently provides to women in our community who are living with heart disease.
As the leading voice for the 42.7 million American women living with or at risk of heart disease, WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease is the only national patient-centered organization dedicated to promoting women’s heart health through advocacy, community education and patient support.
In fact, Cone Health seeks to establish and maintain a peer-led, monthly WomenHeart Support Network at Cone Health for female heart patients.
Applications are due Friday, April 1, 2014.
Ideally, we hope to have many women, who are living with heart disease in our community, apply to this program. All applicants will not be accepted.
WomenHeart seeks applicants who have the following qualities:
- Must be a woman heart patient at least six months out from their diagnosis and/or event
- A strong passion for supporting other women living with heart disease
- A commitment to starting and leading an in-person WomenHeart Support Network for other women living with heart disease
- Strong community connections that can be leveraged for the WomenHeart Support Network
- Made lifestyle changes to improve their own heart health (such as stopped smoking, lost weight, improved eating habits and exercise regime, attended cardiac rehab)
- A desire to advocate for excellence in healthcare
- Come to terms with their own diagnosis, and who feel physically, emotionally, and psychologically ready to help other women
- Strong communication, listening, organizational and computer skills
- The time to start, support and grow the WomenHeart Support Network
- Detail-oriented and reliable
- Has a strong support system (friends, family, etc.) in support of their involvement with WomenHeart