The vestibular system is the part of the inner ear and brain that helps control balance and eye movements. Damage to the inner ear or brain, either through disease or injury, can cause vestibular disorders.
Vestibular disorders occur frequently and can affect people of all ages. They can produce a variety of symptoms including:
- Unsteadiness and balance dysfunction
- Visual motor disturbances
What you can expect from our Vestibular Rehab Program:
- A specially trained physical therapist will evaluate dizziness, posture, balance, walking and eye movements
- A treatment program specifically designed to address individual limitations found on evaluation
- Compensatory strategies to decrease dizziness and vertigo during daily activities
- A personalized home exercise program for balance and vertigo
Individuals who are experiencing symptoms of dizziness or imbalance should see their physician for an evaluation. A physician referral is required for evaluation and treatment in the Vestibular Rehabilitation Program.
Download our brochure