Nine Ways to Give the Gift of Wellness
The holiday season is here. We all know people who are difficult to shop for, so why not give a gift to help them feel better and get a jump start on those new year’s resolutions?
- Digital pedometer. Staying active is so beneficial to maintaining wellness. This is a great tool to track daily, weekly, monthly and yearly progress.
- Lunchbox and plasticware. Bringing lunch from home guarantees thoughtful food choices.
- Water bottle. Choose from among the many different types of bottles to help those on your list stay hydrated and maintain optimal performance.
- White noise/sleep machine. These devices can make falling and staying asleep easier. Proper rest helps the body restore itself each night.
- Beginning Yoga Kit. Yoga increases strength and flexibility and is good for those unable to do high impact exercise. A good kit includes a DVD, guide, mat and resistance band.
- Olive oil mister. Olive oil is much better for you than other oils. This device ensures that you don’t overuse it on your food. A few squirts on a salad along with a squeeze of citrus and you have a great heart-heathy dressing.
- Cooking utensils. Cooking at home is almost always better than eating out or getting take out. New tools can motivate the gift recipient to cook more often.
- Gift card for a massage. A massage is great for increasing blood flow, reducing muscle tension and helping overall relaxation.
- Exercise clothes. Motivate that person who wants to exercise more by giving them something stylish to wear while getting fit.
Wellness stocking stuffers are also great. Items such as natural soaps, skin brushes, aromatherapy products, a relaxing CD or tongue scraper. Instead of giving candy, give fruit and nuts.
As the old adage states you don’t have anything if you don’t have your health. Why not give the gift of wellness this year and show your loved ones how much you really care.
About the Author
Megan Norriss is a wellness coordinator at Cone Health.