Stroke Rehabilitation Services
Disabilities resulting from strokes are unique to each individual. The Stroke Rehab Program at Cone Health Neurorehabilitation Center offers a specialized interdisciplinary team and includes the patient in all aspects of treatment planning to assure a focus on personal goals. You should discuss functional changes after a stroke with your physician. If you think you might benefit from physical, occupational or speech therapy, ask your physician to refer you to the Stroke Rehab Program. Cone Health also accepts patients with a referral from a physician assistant or nurse practitioner.
The Stroke Rehab Program can provide therapy for patients who have experienced mild to severe changes as the result of a recent or past stroke. The Stroke Rehab Program includes specialized physical and occupational therapy as well as speech-language pathology (speech therapy) and neuropsychology services.
Each patient receives an individualized evaluation and treatment plan. Specialty services include:
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) retraining.
- Aphasia therapy.
- Balance training.
- Body weight supported gait training.
- Cognitive retraining.
- Functional electrical stimulation for strengthening and coordination (Bioness).
- Gait analysis and training.
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation for swallowing (VitalStim).
- Neuropsychological testing and counseling.
- Patient and family education.
- Orthotic assessment and training.
- Safety awareness training.
- Vision retraining.
- Wheelchair assessment.