The Women’s Only 5K Walk & Run is not only a one-of-a-kind sporting event, it is the premier fundraiser for the Mammography Scholarship Fund and the Alight Program. Each year, the Mammography Scholarship Fund finances mammograms for about 600 women who otherwise could not afford these life-saving screenings, while the Alight Program provides educational, emotional and financial support during treatment.
So whether you run or walk or don’t do any of those things, you can play an important role in the Women’s Only 5K Walk & Run by making a generous donation. All proceeds from race registrations, as well as your donations, go to support this important cause.
Join us in our fight against breast cancer. It is a formidable foe:
- One out of every eight women will have to battle breast cancer in her lifetime. That is about 12 percent of the population.
- This year alone, nearly 250,000 new cases of breast cancer are expected.
- Except for lung cancer, breast cancer rates are higher for women than any other types of cancer.
- Except for skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among women – estimated to be around 30 percent of newly diagnosed cancers in 2017.
- In 2017, an estimated 40,000 women were expected to die from breast cancer.
Won’t you help us beat breast cancer?
MAKE A DONATION