Event Sponsorship Policy Update
Due to the sharp increase in our COVID-19 cases and community spread and in order to ensure the safety of our team members and our patients, we are implementing a change to our events requirement. We will continue to accept sponsorship requests, but will release tables and tickets and will not send a Cone Health representative to the event.
Cone Health is a private, not-for-profit organization which was established to serve the community by providing a full range of health care services distinguished by measurable excellence. The founding principles of community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of the organization. One of the ways we embrace our responsibility to promote health and well-being is by partnering with organizations in our community and beyond.
Often Cone Health is asked to support community programs, events, and initiatives. We have dedicated significant resources to these efforts and take a system-wide, inclusive approach to the decision-making process around sponsorships, campaign gifts, and volunteer commitments.
We are committed to four Giving Values to guide our work.
- Event theme and purpose must align with at least one of Cone Health’s Giving Values – Prevention, Access, Outstanding Patient Outcomes and Support in Times of Challenge.
- Sponsorship applicants must be 501(c)3 organizations and provide most recent IRS 990 Form upon request.
- Only one application per organization will be reviewed each calendar year. If your organization receives a grant or sponsorship from Cone Health, it is not eligible for an additional sponsorship award in the same calendar year.
- Must be professionally managed with a proven record of financial stewardship.
- Can prove that proceeds will benefit the publicized charitable cause (not administrative or overhead costs).
- Prior sponsorship awards do not indicate a guarantee for future funding.
Sponsorship Request Types NOT Considered
- Organizations that cannot provide a W9 or numbered invoice
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Individual schools (public or private), excluding institutes of higher education
- Capital campaigns
- For-profit organizations
- Youth sports/Little league teams/booster clubs/scouting organizations
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, culture, language, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status or religion
- Individual churches
- Upon request, awardees may be asked to provide a report that includes how many lives were touched during the event or be asked for information we can share with our marketing and communications team
- Approved sponsorship payments will be processed via check once an invoice with the event name, award amount and organization’s EIN, W-9 and supplier verification forms are submitted.
- Applications must be submitted at least 60 days in advance of the event.
- We will process the applications within 45 days of the initial application.
- Approvals will be communicated via email.
Sponsorship Request Form
If you have any questions regarding sponsorships, please email Amy Postel.