Our residents and faculty maintain active lives outside of the clinical setting. Explore below to see some the social and service activities in which residents and faculty have participated.
Our residents and faculty strive to balance their busy work schedules with time for family, friends, and social activities. We schedule several seasonal events to ensure adequate time to become fully acquainted with colleagues and families.
In addition, interns have a long-standing tradition of meeting outside of work on at least a monthly basis for more fun and games.
Each fall we do a retreat with all the residents, faculty, and their families. This is a wonderful time to get to know one another better and enjoy some time together outside of our typical work setting!
Here are some of the volunteer activities of our faculty and residents.
- Boy Scouts of America - leadership
- City of Greensboro Pre-retirement program wellness presentation
- Cone Health United Way Campaign
- Cone Health free Pap smear screenings
- Elon University - team physician and athletic training class
- Go FAR (Go For A Run) fitness program
- Greensboro Cross Country and Track Championships medical coverage
- Greensboro College guest lectures
- Guilford College - guest lectures and Student Health Services
- Guilford County Schools in-service wellness presentations
- Habitat for Humanity house construction, Greensboro
- Health Care Sharing Initiative
- Health Literacy for the Congregational Nurse Program
- HealthServe Community Health Clinic
- Hospice and Palliative Care of Greensboro
- Marine Corps Marathon medical overage
- Medical mission trips to Honduras
- North Carolina A&T State University and many area high schools
- Partners in Health series for the Shepherd Center
- P4HM (Partnership for Healthcare Management) Board
- Reach Out and Read Committee
- Student mentoring, Guilford College and University of NC at Greensboro students
- Team physicians/medical coverage for Bennett College, Carolina Dynamos, Elon University, Greensboro Twisters, Guilford College
- Triad Masters Swimming
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro guest lectures
- US Armed Forces, Fort Bragg Medical Symposium
- US National Cross Country Championships, other local road races and running events coverage
- USA & North Carolina swimming referee
- Women's Only 5K Walk & Run volunteer
- YWCA Teen Parent Mentoring Program