Pharmacy Internship Program
At Cone Health, there have always been opportunities for pharmacy students to work as paid interns, but we’ve made some exciting changes! Students that want to get started in health-system pharmacy are encouraged to apply in the spring prior to starting pharmacy school. Experience as a pharmacy technician is preferred but not required.
1. Pharmacy Student Intern
Interns work in a specific pharmacy department within Cone Health which may include inpatient operations & distribution, sterile products, or our medication history team. Positions are offered at Moses Cone Hospital, Wesley Long Hospital, Alamance Regional Medical Center, and Annie Penn Hospital. Working alongside our pharmacists and pharmacy technicians provides real-world exposure that augments the pharmacy school curriculum and provides a real advantage to interns.
- Cross-training – interns may request to cross-train in additional pharmacy departments and/or different campuses.
- Paid time for projects and shadowing – up to 40 hours per year for assisting staff members or residents with a project(or we’ll help you develop your own!) or for meeting and shadowing pharmacists anywhere in Cone Health.
- Every third weekend
- A minimum of additional shifts during breaks
- May vary by department
Questions? Contact Tom Pickering at email@example.com
2. Clinical Pharmacy Student Internship
Interns completing their second year of pharmacy school may apply to this program that will capitalize on advancing knowledge. Activities include patient education, drug therapy monitoring, and assisting residents and clinical pharmacists.
- Minimum two 8-hour shifts every third weekend, potential for weeknight staffing if interested.
- After year 3, the intern can choose to convert to a prn position in an operations or medication history role, with minimum staffing of 16 hours a month.
Questions? Contact Mike Maccia at firstname.lastname@example.org