Moses Cone Hospital hosts eight PGY1 residents each year. Two positions are designated for residents interested in acquiring advance ambulatory practice skills.
This comprehensive program provides training experiences in the fundamentals of pharmacy practice in an integrated health-system. An individualized training plan, based on the resident's entrance level of knowledge, skills, and interests, is developed and adjusted throughout the year. While developing competence to provide patient-centered care in multiple patient care environments, PGY1 residents acquire substantial knowledge required for skillful problem solving and strengthen their professional values.
PGY1 Rotations Experiences
Required Rotations (6):
- Critical Care
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Ambulatory Care Clinic
- Emergency Medicine
Accountable Care Organization (ACO), Behavioral Health, Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Clinic, Community Health and Wellness Clinic, Endocrinology, Family Medicine Clinic, Heart Failure, Heart Failure Clinic, HIV Clinic, Internal Medicine/Precepting, Internal Medicine Clinic, Medication Safety, Nephrology, Neonatology, Neuro Critical Care, Nutrition Support, OB-GYN, Oncology, Pediatrics, Pharmacy Administration
- Service Experience
- Project Management (Research / Management)
- Medication Use Processes (Drug Policy / Drug Info)
- Practice Management
- Teaching and Learning Certificate
- Teaching and Precepting
- Therapeutics Course Instructor
- Evidence Based Medicine
- Anticoagulation Clinic
- Transitions of Care
- Andrew Meyer, PharmD, BCPS, BCCP
- Jessica Carney, PharmD, BCPS, BCCP
- Lisa Curran, PharmD, BCPS, BCCP, CPP
- Frank Wilson, PharmD, BCPS
- Michael Bitonti, PharmD, BCPS, BCCP
- Kim Hurth, PharmD, BCCCP
- Minh Pham, PharmD, BCPS, AAHIVP, BCIDP, CPP
- Jeremy Frens, PharmD, BCPS (AQ-ID)
- Cassie Kuppelweiser, PharmD, BCIDP, AAHIVP, CPP
- Emily Sinclair, PharmD, BCPS, BCIDP
- Amanda Wolfe, PharmD
- James Groce, RPh, PharmD, CACP, CPP
- Kimberly Hammons, PharmD, BCPS
- Jennifer Durham, PharmD, BCP
- Dwayne Pierce, BSPharm, PharmD, BCPS, FNKF
- Lydia Chen, PharmD, BCPS, BCCP
- Tonya Johnson, PharmD
- Adrienne Wellborn, PharmD
- Earl Reome, PharmD
- Pete Koval, PharmD, BCPS, CPP
- Stacey Hammer, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP, CPP
- Megan Supple, PharmD, BCACP, CPP
- Melissa Maccia, PharmD, BCPS, CPP
- Mary Taylor, PharmD, CPP
- Jessica Millen, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP
- Mike Maccia, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP
- Thuy Dang, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP
- Ben Mancheril, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP
- Catherine Pierce, PharmD, FCCM
- Elizabeth Martin, PharmD, BCPS
- Haley von Dohlen, PharmD, BCPS
- Grace Barr, PharmD
- Eden Brewington, PharmD
- Rachel Rumbarger, PharmD, BCPS
- Jonathan Oriet, PharmD
- Khushboo Patel, PharmD, BCCCP
- Mei Bell, PharmD, BCPS, BCPPS
- Julie Cline, PharmD
- Victoria Forrest, PharmD
- Allie Rivera, PharmD, BCPPS
- Tanya Maklouf, PharmD
Click here to learn more about our preceptors!
Application Deadline is January 1, 2023!
All Cone Health pharmacy residencies participate in the National Matching Service (NMS) match program. Applicants should register and apply through the central residency application ASHP's PhORCAS.
Please visit the PGY1: Moses Cone Hospital ASHP residency listing to obtain the NMS match code needed to apply. PLEASE NOTE that there are two NMS codes; which one you use depends on whether you intend to apply with a focus in acute care or ambulatory care.
When applying through PhORCAS, prospective residents should complete the following:
- Provide a current curriculum vitae and letter of intent.
- Request an official transcript of your grades to be forwarded directly to the PhORCAS Transcripts Department.
- Ask three references that are familiar with your professional and academic background to complete reference documents in PhORCAS. We prefer that you ask clinical faculty members and/or an employer to provide your references.
- We request that your references include comments in at least 10 of the 13 comment boxes on the form in place of writing a traditional letter of recommendation.
- The program specific comment box is optional.
- Complete a Moses Cone residency supplemental application form and upload it with your PhORCAS application.