COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
Cone Health is committed to keeping our patients and our team members safe during these unprecedented times.
We are working closely with local and state health departments, as well as with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention with a continued focus on prevention and treatment of COVID-19.
Keeping You Safe
While we continue to face the COVID-19 pandemic together, please do not let it prevent you from getting the care you need.
Cone Health is offering both traditional and virtual appointments to ensure our patients and communities have access to the care they need beyond coronavirus.
Throughout our facilities we have implemented measures of screening, cleaning and social distancing to keep our patients and their families safe.
Learn more about our safety measures
COVID-19 Care and Prevention
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please take the assessment below to determine what steps you should take.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
The most common symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Fever (100.4 or higher)
Additional symptoms may include: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and new loss of taste or smell.
How to Protect Yourself
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw it in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Practice social distancing.
- Avoid groups beyond your immediate family.
- Maintain a 6 foot distance from others when possible.
- Wear a mask or face covering if you have to go out.
What to Do If You Are Sick
- Stay home except to get medical care.
- Separate yourself from other people and animals in the home.
- Call ahead before visiting a doctor.
- Wear a facemask (if you have to be around other people).
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid sharing personal household items.
- Clean your hands often.
- Clean all "high-touch" surfaces every day.
- Monitor your symptoms.
- Seek prompt medical attention if your illness is worsening. (e.g. difficulty breathing)
- Before seeking care, call your provider to let them know you have or are being evaluated for COVID-19.
Cone Health Outpatient Testing for COVID-19
Cone Health is currently offering testing in Alamance, Guilford and Rockingham counties for individuals the fall under specific criteria:
- Patients 65 years of age and older with symptoms
- Patients with underlying conditions with symptoms
- First responders with symptoms
- Asymptomatic patients from intrinsically risky/high density environments
- Asymptomatic COVID convalescent plasma donors
Daily Testing Locations (Open 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Alamance County: Grand Oaks Center at Alamance Regional, 1238 Huffman Mill Road, Burlington, NC
- Guilford County: Green Valley Campus, 801 Green Valley Road, Greensboro, NC (entrance off Lendew Street)
- Rockingham County: 617 S. Main Street, Reidsville, NC (across from Annie Penn Emergency Department)
Community Testing Events
- View our Facebook events calendar for COVID-19 testing in the community.
- For information about community testing, call 336-890-1140.
Confirmed Case Release Information
Please be aware that any information regarding positive coronavirus cases in our area will be released by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. You can view the most recent confirmed cases on the NCDHHS website.
View Confirmed Cases in NC