Onsite Health Clinics
An employee health clinic at your company can make health care more accessible for your employees, reduce absenteeism, and lower your organization’s overall health costs. Cone Health Employee Health & Wellness has teams of experienced nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and doctors who can staff onsite health clinics for up to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of an Onsite Employee Health Clinic
Convenient Care for Employees
An employee leaving work to go to a primary care doctor’s appointment could be gone from work for two hours or longer. The average appointment in the US takes 121 minutes according to a study published in the American Journal of Managed Care. That includes 37 minutes of travel time and 84 minutes at the care facility, with patients spending only 8-12 minutes face-to-face with their doctor.
A clinic in your workplace can be a game-changer. Travel time is eliminated, and worksite clinics typically don’t have the same patient load as regular primary care or urgent care offices, meaning wait times are drastically reduced. Patients are able to spend more time with the doctor to address health issues.
Better Management of Chronic Diseases
With health care more accessible, it’s easier to spot conditions before they become serious and easier to manage any existing chronic diseases, such as diabetes or high blood pressure. This can result in fewer sick days and smaller insurance claims. If an employee already has a primary care physician, the onsite clinic staff can work with that physician to coordinate care.
In addition to the one-on-one care offered in an onsite clinic, some employers have offered classes to help employees better manage chronic diseases. One example is a Diabetes Education class conducted by Cone nurses who are certified diabetes educators. Employees with diabetes or pre-diabetes are able to learn about blood sugar management, nutrition, exercise, skin care, and other topics that can help prevent serious complications.
Enhanced Recruitment and Retention
Companies across the Triad have found employees see onsite health clinics as a great benefit. The Cone Health providers work to get to know the employees at each location and create a positive relationship.
At Replacements Limited in Greensboro, the onsite clinic and wellness program staffed by Cone Health Employee Health & Wellness has won awards from the American Psychological Association and Triad Business Journal. The program serves more than 370 employees and reflects the company’s forward-thinking, family-like culture of caring.
Onsite Services Tailored to Your Needs
You can create an onsite clinic tailored to your company’s needs and budget. Clinics can be held a few hours weekly or bi-weekly, or for multiple days each week. Employers can also select which services will be offered at the clinic. Possible services include:
- Urgent Care - Treatment for acute illnesses such as respiratory viruses, bladder infections, strep throat, the flu, etc.
- Management of Chronic Conditions - Care and monitoring of diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, and other chronic illnesses.
- Treatment of Workplace Injuries - If an employee is injured at work, an onsite clinic can offer prompt evaluation and treatment. Cone Health also offers workers’ compensation case management.
- Vaccines - Any regular adult vaccine, including vaccines for the flu, tetanus (Tdap), and shingles.
- Annual Health Screenings - Yearly biometric screenings, including blood sugar, cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure, etc.
- Pharmacy - We can set up a pharmacy to dispense prescription medications for employees, making it convenient for them to pick up medicines.