Eating a well-balanced, healthy diet is a cornerstone of staying fit and preventing illness prevention. Cone Health provides several resources for employees to promote healthy food choices.
Green Means Go
Cone Health’s Green Means Go healthy eating program is intended to make it easier for employees to make healthy choices by labeling foods with traffic light symbols in our cafeterias, coffee shops and vending machines.
- Green light = Healthiest choices
- Yellow light = OK choices
- Red light = Least healthy choices.
Our goal is to create a healthy food environment for our patients, families, staff and visitors as we continually strive to be a national leader in wellness and prevention. View the Healthy Eating Environment policy.
See what is being served in our cafeterias across Cone Health as well as nutritional information for today's offerings.
Our chefs will demonstrate the art of preparation and then cook the food to perfection, while offering helpful tips.
From May through September, local vendors provide low-cost, locally grown, fresh and delicious produce at several Cone Health facilities.
Good Food Buying Club
- Fresh vegetables, proteins, dairy products and more available for online ordering and onsite pick-up locations. Go to www.goodfoodbuyingclub.com for more information.
Alamance Regional Medical Center (Starting June 19th)
Annie Penn Hospital (Starting June 6th)
- Fridays, 7a.m. to 1 p.m., Parking lot near employee entrance
Moses Cone Hospital (Starting June 27th)
- Thursdays, 9.a.m. to 2 p.m., North Tower Main Lobby
Wesley Long Hospital (Starting June 27th)
- Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Main Hospital Lobby
Nutrition and Diabetes Education
Cone Health employees can get assistance with meal planning, managing diabetes, lowering cholesterol, weight loss and much more.
Call 336-832-3236 for details