Return to Provider Search Results
Archana Kumar, MD
Specialties and/or Subspecialties
Clinical Child & Adolescent
A minimum of 30 patient surveys is required before rating is statistically significant for publication.
Archana Kumar, MD is a Board Certified Child and Adolescent and Adult psychiatrist in Greensboro, North Carolina. She joined the Medical Staff at Cone Health in 2009 and has served as Chief of Psychiatry since 2015 in addition to her role as Medical Director for Cone Health’s Behavioral Medicine Service Line.
Kumar has led three research studies to evaluate new psychiatric treatment options for children and adolescents: involving ADHD, depression, and anxiety disorder. She is a strong advocate for the Behavioral Health population on the national level, also working with key community leaders to improve patient care across a 4-county area.
Dr. Kumar is a graduate of the Cone Health Physician Leadership Academy and has played an integral part in Behavioral Health Service line’s Cone Health Link Psychiatric specialty build.
Most recently, Dr. Kumar has succeeded at her life long dream of building a Psychiatry Residency Program, where she is able to provide exceptional education to the next generation of community psychiatrist.
- J.J.M. Medical College, MBBS, Medicine and Surgery
- University Hospitals of Cleveland at Case Western Reserve University, Psychiatry
- University of Alabama - Birmingham, Child/adolescent psychiatry
Teaching or Professional Positions
- Medical Director of Behavioral Health Services, Cone Health Chief of Psychiatry
- American Psychiatry Association
- Child and Adolescent psychiatry
- Adult psychiatry