Return to Provider Search Results
Gustav C. Magrinat, MD
Specialties and/or Subspecialties
A minimum of 30 patient surveys is required before rating is statistically significant for publication.
Dr. Gus Magrinat has worked at Cone Health since 1993, initially in general oncology and hematology. He has sub-specialized in breast cancer since 2004.
Dr. Magrinat enjoys spending time with his wife Mary, son Thomas, daughter in law Amy, and grandchildren Walker and Aubrey. He also enjoys hiking, and plans one day to complete the Pacific Crest Trail. He enjoys cycling, reading and playing with the piano.
Dr. Magrinat competed at the International Whistling Convention in 2003 and 2004, to mixed reviews. He facilitates a weekly Bible study, meeting every Tuesday at 6:30 AM. He is frequently asked whether he roots for Duke or UNC during March Madness.
Areas of Interest
Dr. Magrinat specializes in breast cancer.
- UNC Chapel Hill - School of Medicine
- Loyola University, Pastoral Studies
- Duke University Medical Center
- Duke University Medical Center, Hematology and Oncology
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Breast Care Alliance
- North Carolina Oncology Association, Treasurer
- Southeast Clinical Oncology Research Consortium for access to National Cancer Institute clinical trials
- Guilford County Medical Society
- Alight Foundation (Board Member)
- Hospital and Palliative Care of Greensboro (Board Member)
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Voted by other physicians among “Best Doctors” in North Carolina, yearly 2009-2016
- Golfers Against Cancer Honoree of the Year 2011
- Sandoz Award 1987
- Alpha Omega Alpha 1986
- Various Publications (view full list)
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology