Basic Life Support (CPR) - Instructor Training
FOR CONE HEALTH EMPLOYEES ONLY
Instructor candidates must meet certain requirements before taking the instructor course. Before attending the BLS classroom portion of an instructor course, all instructor candidates must:
- Have approval to be aligned with the Cone Health AHA Training Center.
- Have a Current/Official AHA BLS Provider course completion card.
- Be proficient in the skill of BLS.
- Complete an Instructor Candidate Application.
- Complete the AHA BLS Instructor Essentials online course at www.onlineaha.org.
- Print and bring completion certificate with you.
- Read the BLS Instructor Candidate Workbook (provided).
- Purchase the AHA BLS Instructor Manual and bring to class.
Permission from employee's Department Director to assign time training and teaching to their department non-productive budget.