Pediatric Teaching Program
The purpose of the Pediatric Teaching Program is to provide:
- Community-based education for University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC) Pediatric Residents.
- Pediatric training for Cone Health Family Medicine Residents.
- A complete six-week inpatient and outpatient clerkship for UNC medical students.
- A sub-internship experience for UNC medical students.
- Inpatient, nursery, consultative and educational services for community pediatricians and family practitioners.
- A venue for research, curriculum development and child advocacy
Nine full-time UNC faculty and numerous part-time and affiliated faculty. Cone Health is designated as an integrated institution within the UNC Pediatric Residency Program.
Subspecialties include asthma/allergy, developmental pediatrics, genetics, neonatology, pediatric cardiology, pediatric critical care, pediatric gastroenterology, pediatric neurology, pediatric psychology and pediatric surgery.
The Pediatric Teaching Program functions within Cone Health, which serves the healthcare needs of people in Greensboro and Guilford County as well as many neighboring counties.
Pediatric venues include: