Cone Health Nursing Departments
Information for Clinical Nursing Departments Regarding Students
Thank you for working with instructor and students to support the educational needs of students in our community.
For further assistance or information, please contact:
- Shows all of the student groups scheduled on the hospital campus nursing department.
- Fall Spring Summer
- All nursing, EMS and ST students participating in a Student Experience at Cone Health must follow this policy.
- View Policy
- Quick information for working with Instructors and Students
- View Tips
Student & CI Information for Clinical Department Form
- This is a standardized form for CIs to provide the department prior to beginning a clinical rotation. Departments are asked to maintain this document in an area known to all staff in the event that an instructor or student needs to be contacted.
- View Form
Clinical Instructor Reference Guide (CIRG)
- This document contains information about orientation requirements, Instructor responsibilities and resources.
- View Document
We greatly appreciate and rely on exceptional nurses who volunteer to precept a student nurse. Names of Preceptor volunteers throughout the healthcare system are provided to our affiliate schools. This process is managed centrally to ensure fair and equitable distribution of available preceptors and to avoid conflicts of interest.
Departments and preceptors cannot limit their offerings to a particular school or student, but every effort will be made to accommodate special requests between preceptors and students to support collaborative relationships that may have occurred during a clinical rotation or work experience.
Department Survey of Student Groups
At the end of each semester, a link to a Survey will be sent via email to Nursing staff for feedback regarding the student groups that have been on your department.
Nurses' Survey of Student Groups