Post-Licensure Individual Nursing Program Students
This information is for Graduate nursing, RN-BSN, MSN, DNP and Research students enrolled in a nursing program of study, who are seeking a learning experience as a required component of their course work.
Cone Health is honored to support the professional development for Cone Health nurse employees and students who attend a local affiliate nursing program. Check with your school to determine if the school has an affiliate agreement with Cone Health. Generally, affiliate schools are those within the state of North Carolina.
Due to being at clinical capacity in supporting our employees and local affiliate school students, Cone Health is unable to provide learning experiences for non-employees attending non-affiliate school nursing programs.
On-Boarding Requirements to complete curriculum work at a Cone Health facility
There are two ways to meet the on-boarding requirements. See below for instructions to select the correct one.
Cone Health Nurse Employees and Non-Employees attending an affiliate school program of study:
- An affiliate school program is one that has a long-standing, on-going relationship with Cone Health. Local community and NC state schools are affiliate schools.
- Use the
Course Work Request form (CWRF)
Download the CWRF.
- Note: A NEW CWRF IS REQUIRED EACH SEMESTER.
The CWRF must be submitted by a school representative we call an Education Partner.
Cone Heath employees attending a non-affiliate school:
- Employees can choose to attend any accredited program of choice that is not an affiliate school program.
- Use the
Individual Student Education Agreement (ISEA).
- Review the Requirements.
- Download the ISEA.
- Note: A NEW ISEA IS REQUIRED EACH SEMESTER.
Non-Cone Health Employees at a Non-Affiliate School
Due to being at clinical capacity in supporting our employees and local affiliate school students, Cone Helath are unable to provide learning experiences for non-employees attending non-affiliate school nursing programs.
All individuals participating in a Student Experience at Cone Health must follow the Student Policy. Review the Student Policy.
Dress Code Policy
Learn more about the dress code.
Seeking a Preceptor
Cone Health provides precepted experiences on a volunteer basis. Post-Licensure students are required to find their own preceptor who can best help meet the course objectives.
Get more information in seeking a preceptor.
Note: Cone Health has limited OB/GYN and Pediatric experience opportunities.
Note: Cone Health Employees are Exempt from Orientations.]
A two part process to be completed annually by all students and on-campus faculty unless other orientation arrangements are made with the department hosting the student.
- PDF format - viewable on all devices.
- The core will take less time for those providers/students who are familiar with the content.
- The test questions are part of the evaluation and the students/providers must follow the instructions- Give an answer to the question, click done to see the test results.
- Click done again to access the certificate of completion. Fill in name & date.
- Print Certificate of Completion to be kept on file at school
Cone HealthLink (CHL)
After the request has been confirmed, a CHL request form will be sent:
- Directly to the individual student for ISEAs
- To the school Academic-Point-of-Contact for CWRFs to be forwarded to student.
Note: The CHL team requires 2 -4 weeks processing time.
For any trouble after receiving your log-in, visit our Service Portal and follow the instructions.
Employees are not permitted to use their Cone Health CHL access when at Cone in the student role. The request form for a student log-in will be sent to the student or school Academic Point of Contact person, when the CWRF or ISEA is confirmed.
In an effort to support security for our patients and staff, Cone Health requires all students and faculty members to wear a Cone Health photo ID badge. This identification is required whenever students or faculty members are on any Cone Health campus for school-related activities.
After the ISEA or CWRF request has been confirmed, a Badge request form and instructions for obtaining the badge will be sent directly to the individual student (ISEA) or to the school Academic-Point-of-Contact (CWR) to be forwarded to student.
Employees are not permitted to use their Cone Health employee badge when at Cone in the student role. The request forms for a student ID badge will be sent to the student or school Academic Point of Contact person, when the CWRF or ISEA is confirmed.
- Moses Cone campus
- Student parking is on the 3rd level of the Visitor Parking Garage and is accessed via the main entrance on Church Street.
- Wesley Long campus
- Student parking is accessed from N. Elam and is in the spaces closest to the corner of Friendly Avenue and N. Elam.
- Alamance Regional
- Student parking is in the S lot
- Women's Hospital, Annie Penn and Behavioral Health
- Parking for students is at the further edge of the visitor's parking as a courtesy to our visitors.
Exit Surveys (Coming soon)
After your clinical experience is completed, please take the Exit Survey.
For Further Assistance
Please contact Staff.Education@ConeHealth.com for further assistance or information.