Gastroenterology at Annie Penn
Gastroenterology care at Annie Penn is provided by three physicians from two local practices, and we’re proud to offer high-quality care right here in Rockingham County.
Why choose Annie Penn for your gastroenterology care?:
- Our team sees more than 2,000 patients and performs more than 3,600 procedures each year, meaning we’re experienced in treating a broad range of gastrointestinal issues.
- We provide best-in-class inpatient and outpatient care right in your community.
- We have an on-call team and can provide care after hours and on weekends for patients who have GI emergencies.
Procedures we perform:
- Diagnostic and screening colonoscopies: Examines the entire large intestine and allows the physician to diagnose colon polyps, inflammatory bowel diseases (such as Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis), colon cancer, etc.
- Diagnostic and screening esophagogastroduodenoscopies: Examines the esophagus, stomach and first part of the small intestine and allows the physician to diagnose gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Barrett’s esophagus, hiatal hernia, ulcers, etc.
- Bravo pH capsule: Assists with diagnosing GERD.
- Feeding tube placements and replacements
- Agile patency capsules: Patient swallows this dissolvable pill to ensure it is safe for the patient to then swallow the Givens capsule (see below).
- Givens capsule studies: Also known as “capsule endoscopy,” this captures images of the small bowel.
- Smart pill procedure: Measures GI motility (beneficial for patients with chronic constipation).