Moses Cone Hospital welcomes visitors at any time unless otherwise directed by the patient, family, physician, nursing staff or program routine.
Specialty departments, such as Intensive Care Units, have special visiting hours. This information will be posted at each department entrance and is available at visitor reception areas.
Ultimately, the patient’s condition and needs take precedence regarding visiting options.
Learn more about Cone Health's visiting hours policy.
Parking and Public Transportation
Patients and visitors now enter the hospital campus from N. Church St. The short drives takes people into a convenient parking deck. From there, a covered walkway leads past a fountain and into the main entrance – called “Entrance A.”
Southwest Entrance Closed
NOTICE: The Northwood entrance, closest to Elm Street, is closed due to construction.
We are pleased to offer free valet parking for our patients and visitors. Our valet parking service is offered Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the main North Tower entrance off Church Street. Valet staff are present from 6 to 7 p.m. to retrieve cars, but do not park any vehicles during this time. Tipping is not required. To retrieve vehicles after hours, patients and visitors may call (336) 832-7849.
A variety of public transportation options are available for patients and visitors to access Moses Cone Hospital.
The Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation (PART) provides service from Randolph County to the hospital on Route 10 Randolph County Express.
Within the City of Greensboro, Greensboro Transit Authority (GTA) Route 3 provides service to Moses Cone Hospital.
NOTICE: Beginning Thursday, January 3, 2019, the kitchen and cafeteria at Moses Cone Hospital will be closed from renovations. These renovations are expected to be completed in September and will support enhanced food services for our patients, guests and team members.
Directional signage is placed throughout the hospital to point guests to our new take-out food venues and our Atrium seating area.
Take-Out Food Venues
Offering: Hot meals, sandwiches and more.
Location: Third Floor, Central Tower, Across hallway from the Chapel
Hours of Operation:
- Breakfast: 6-10 a.m. (closed from 10-11 a.m.)
- Lunch: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (hot food until 2 p.m.)
- Dinner: 5 - 8 p.m.
Offering: Coffee, tea, smoothies, muffins, bagels and snacks.
Location: Second Floor, North Tower
Hours of Operation: 7 a.m.-10:30 p.m.
Boar’s Head Deli
Offering: Sandwiches, soup, snacks and beverages.
Location: Second Floor, North Tower, Next to Jazzman’s
Hours of Operation: 11 a.m.- 11 p.m.
We also offer vending services throughout the hospital.
The gift shop at Moses Cone Hospital is located in the atrium on the hospital’s first floor.
- Monday through Friday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Sweet Magnolia Gift Ship at Moses Cone Hospital is managed by Lori’s Gifts. Order gifts online for patients at Moses Cone Hospital.
The gift shop offers the option to purchase gift cards and free same-day gift delivery to patient rooms, online or by phone at 336-832-8146.
Gift shop items include: flower arrangements, jewelry, thoughtful items for hospital patients, plush toys, clothes, trend setting gifts, national brands, snacks and drinks.
Cone Health volunteers are an integral part of staffing and operating the gift shops.
Spiritual Care Services
Our professional chaplains are a resource for emotional or spiritual concerns and support, contacting clergy or religious representatives for assistance with sacraments or Advance Directives (Living Will and Health Care Power of Attorney).
Our Moses Cone Hospital staff chaplains may be contacted by calling your nurse or the hospital operator. The Department of Spiritual Care and Wholeness also may be reached by calling (336) 832-7950 during normal business hours.
Director, Dept. for Spiritual Care & Wholeness
Moses Cone Staff Chaplain
Our interfaith hospital chapel, located adjacent to the third floor central waiting room, is available 24 hours a day for private prayer and meditation.
Awards and Certifications
- Moses Cone Hospital is dedicated to provide quality care to the community’s senior population and ais designated as a NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) hospital.
- Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification.
- Chest Pain Center Certification by Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Level II Regional Trauma Center accredited by North Carolina and verified by the American College of Surgeons.
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities Accreditation for Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation for Adults, Brain Injury Specialty Program and Stroke Specialty Program.
- United Health Premium Total Joint and Surgical Spine, and Cardiac Care.
- Blue Distinction: Spine, Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery, Cardiac Surgery and Interventional Cardiology.
- Adult Transthoracic Echocardiography program certified by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission.
- Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery Program – Three-Star Performer (highest category of quality).
- Cone Health Echo Lab accredited in Echocardiography in the area of Adult Transthoracic and Adult Transesophageal by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC).