Cancer Care at Alamance Regional
Leading-edge care, close to home
We have the advanced resources you need to fight cancer:
Our experienced team understands that emotional support is just as vital to the healing process as technology. We offer a full range of support, rehabilitation and survivorship programs for patients and families.
Alamance Regional’s 44,000-square-foot cancer center is designed to enhance privacy and comfort for cancer patients and their families, while also providing additional resources to help our oncologists, surgeons and other medical professionals provide the best possible care.
Some of the features include:
- A boutique that provides wigs, prostheses and other items to help cancer patients manage the side effects of treatment.
- A family lounge with Internet access and a café serving coffee and smoothies.
- A family resource center.
- Dedicated space for community education and support groups.
- Outside, green space provides walking area and a healing garden in a peaceful courtyard.
- In the radiation treatment area, a skylight nature scene provides soothing ambiance for patients receiving therapy.
- A large chemotherapy treatment area includes options for small group treatment, private treatment bays, and rooms with beds.
- Twenty large exam rooms are designed to allow space for family members who may accompany patients.
- On-site labs allow doctors to get most test results back in 15-30 minutes.