Healthy Holiday Gift Ideas
Not sure what gift to get for your friends and family? Get ideas for healthy holiday gifts from Mike Sabin, general manager, Sagewell Health and Fitness, in this 2 Your Well-Being discussion with WFMY News 2.
Gifts for Exercise
- Exercise clothes. As we head into colder months, fitness clothing that can adapt for the weather makes a great gift.
- "Gift certificate" to be an exercise buddy. Commit to working out with a loved one -- it's a fun, healthy experience for both of you!
- A gym membership.
- A bike.
Gifts for Relaxing and Destressing
- Relaxation classes, including yoga and even group exercise. Group classes offer opportunities to socialize with other people, which can give a boost to mental health.
- A gift card for a massage.
- Journaling supplies.
Gifts for Food and Nutrition
- New cooking utensils. New cooking tools can help make the experience of cooking with your family fun.
- A cooking class.
- Food service delivery.
- A new cookbook.
Gifts for Sleep
- A commitment to go for a short walk in the evening with a loved one. Physical activity during the day encourages better sleep at night!
- A set of new blankets and sheets.
- A white noise machine.
Gifts for Safety
- A new first aid kit.
- Helmets and knee pads to go with new bikes or rollerblades.
Learn more about Sagewell Health and Fitness
Cone Health Sagewell Health & Fitness is designed exclusively to help you create and maintain the healthy lifestyle that’s right for you. We are different from a gym because, regardless of your current fitness level and medical status, we know how to support your specific health and medical needs. Learn more here.