Cone Health is committed to being a national leader in quality, service and cost in everything we do. This includes being transparent and responsive in dealing with media while at the same time protecting the privacy of our patients.
We hope that the information below will help you in your coverage of Cone Health.
Interview and Photography Requests
For interview requests for Cone Health physicians, staff or patients or to shoot photos or videos at any Cone Health facility, contact:
All journalists must be escorted by a member of the Cone Health marketing team during their time on a Cone Health campus.
Disaster / Crisis Guidelines
If a disaster occurs, patient care is the first priority at Cone Health. However, any of your requests or needs will be met as soon as possible.
In the case of a disaster/crisis, the newsroom section of conehealth.com will be updated by the Marketing staff at regular intervals or as news occurs.
- Media members will be required to show identification to gain entry to Cone Health facilities.
- All members of the media must be escorted by a representative of the marketing department to the emergency area or media center.
- Information will be released in 60 minute intervals, or as news occurs. Updates will be provided regularly on ConeHealth.com and Cone Health social media platforms.
- If a media center is opened, question cards will be provided to the media for specific requests or questions to be answered during briefings.
- All requests for information or interviews should be made to marketing staff only.
- Marketing will facilitate and coordinate media access to the hospital, administrators, physicians, religious personnel, patients, family and friends during the crisis.
- Designated "safe zones" will be identified for cell phone use.