Cone Health’s Orthopedic Program Named One of Nation’s Best
Cone Health has been named one of the 100 hospitals and health networks with great orthopedic programs by Becker’s Hospital Review. The highly regarded hospital trade publication developed its list of top orthopedic
programs based on national rating services, insurers and accreditation programs. Cone Health is listed in Becker’s as Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital.
“This ranking is the result of a strong and growing partnership between orthopedic physicians and Cone Health. Together, we have standardized care, implemented the latest research and become one of the top places in the country for orthopedic care,” says Bruce Swords, MD, Cone Health senior vice president and chief medical officer.
The Becker’s ranking is one of many recent accolades for Cone Health orthopedics:
- U.S. News & World Report, 2016 – Ranked “High Performing” in hip and knee replacements – (Annie Penn Hospital, Moses Cone Hospital and Wesley Long Hospital)
- CareChex®, 2017 – Ranked #14 in the nation for Medical Excellence in Orthopedic Care by CareChex® – an information service of Quantros, Inc. –(Annie Penn Hospital, Moses Cone Hospital and Wesley Long Hospital)
- CareChex®, 2017 – Top 10 percent in the nation for patient safety in orthopedic care – (Alamance Regional Medical Center)
- Healthgrades®, 2017 – Only program in the Piedmont Triad to be a five-star recipient in Total Knee Replacement and Total Hip Replacement (Annie Penn Hospital, Moses Cone Hospital and Wesley Long Hospital)
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, 2016 – Named a Blue Distinction Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement and a Blue Distinction Center+ for Spine Surgery – (Alamance Regional Medical Center, Moses Cone Hospital and Wesley Long Hospital)
- Premier Inc., 2016 – Top 10 percent for quality outcomes in knee and hip replacement, and hip fracture repair, out of approximately 1,150 U.S. hospitals (Moses Cone Hospital and Wesley Long Hospital)
“We work hard to provide high-quality orthopedic care across our network,” says Swords. “A successful knee replacement or hip replacement depends on talented surgeons, superb nursing care, prompt and thorough follow-up, and great rehabilitation. Top national ratings affirm we have the total package at Cone Health.”
The orthopedic teams at Cone Health are among the most experienced in the state performing more than 1,800 hip and knee replacement surgeries a year.
Note: Hospitals cannot pay for inclusion on the Becker’s list.
* Triad includes: Alamance, Caswell, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Montgomery, Randolph, Stokes, Surry and Yadkin counties in North Carolina.