Cone Health Among the Highest Rated Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery and Pulmonary Care
Cone Health hospitals were the only ones in the state to be named a top hospital for orthopedic surgery.
Cone Health has again been recognized by Healthgrades for providing outstanding medical care.
The recognitions are part of Healthgrades 2018 awards and cover several types of care.
Annie Penn Hospital, Moses Cone Hospital, Wesley Long Hospital and Women’s Hospital received:
- One of “America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care” Award™.
- One of “America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery” Award™.
- A “Joint Replacement Excellence Award™.”
- A “Stroke Care Excellence Award™.”
Alamance Regional Medical Center is listed separately from the rest of Cone Health by Healthgrades. It received:
- One of “America’s 100 Best Hospitals™ for Pulmonary Care” Award.
- A Five-Star Recipient for Stroke Care.
- A “Critical Care Excellence Award™.”
- A “Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure.
- A Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures.
- A Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis.
“It is a testament to the skill and dedication of the staff and medical staff to be recognized among the best in so many areas,” says Bruce Swords, MD, chief medical officer, Cone Health. “This is proof that you don’t need to go anywhere else for exceptional care.”
These achievements are part of findings released today by Healthgrades and are featured in their 2018 Report to the Nation. The new report demonstrates how clinical performance continues to differ dramatically between hospitals regionally and nationally. Healthgrades evaluated hospital performance at nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide.
“Consumers place high value on information about hospital quality and use it to evaluate their choices for care,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthgrades. “Hospitals that have achieved recognition for their quality outcomes prove their commitment to their patients and their community at large.”
The complete Healthgrades 2018 Report to the Nation and detailed study methodology, can be found at www.healthgrades.com/quality.