Upcoming Prostate Screenings Offered by Cone Health
Cone Health hosts free screenings in September and October.
Cone Health offers free prostate screenings for men ages 45 to 69 in September and October. Each screening includes a free PSA (prostate-specific antigen) test, which can help with the detection of the disease.
To qualify for screening, men must not have received a prostate exam in the past 12 months.
The prostate screenings take place at various Cone Health locations, starting in mid-September and ending in mid-October. Screening dates, times and locations are as follows:
- Sept. 17, Cone Health Cancer Center at Wesley Long Hospital, 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Sept. 24, Annie Penn Hospital, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 1, MedCenter Mebane, 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Oct. 8, MedCenter High Point, 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Oct. 15, Brown Summit Family Medicine, Brown Summit, 5:15 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
- Oct. 22, MedCenter Kernersville, 5:15 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
According to CDC, “For every 1,000 men between the ages of 55 and 69 years old who are screened [for prostate cancer], about one death will be prevented, and three men will be prevented from getting prostate cancer that spreads to other places in the body. Many men with prostate cancer never experience symptoms and, without screening, would never know they had the disease.”
Cone Health Cancer Center treated 342 cases of prostate cancer in 2017.
For more information on these screenings, please visit conehealth.com/wellness/screenings.