Rockingham County and Cone Health to Open Vaccination Clinic
The joint facility opens this week.
On Thursday, March 4, the Rockingham County Division of Public Health Services and Cone Health Annie Penn Hospital will open a joint COVID-19 vaccination clinic at Rockingham Community College. The event will be held inside the Robert C. Keys Gymnasium located at 558 County Home Rd, Reidsville. UNC Rockingham Health Care will also provide staff to assist with vaccinations during large scale event days. Appointments are required.
The facility will initially vaccinate health care workers and persons 65 and over. The number of people vaccinated will depend upon the number of COVID-19 vaccines received each week by the state. “We look forward to working with our dedicated community partners to offer this service to our citizens. It takes the efforts of us all to keep our citizens safe and healthy,” shared Trey Wright, Rockingham County Health Director.
“We encourage everyone eligible in Rockingham County to be vaccinated,” said Chief Nursing Officer Ambulatory, CHMG, Population Health & Cone Health Vice President of Clinical Support Services, Deborah Grant, DNP. “The best way to stop the spread of COVID-19 is to be vaccinated and to follow the 3Ws – wear a mask, wait 6 feet apart and wash hands frequently. We look forward to serving the Rockingham County community through this vaccination clinic.”
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT
- Seniors, health care workers, and long-term care residents can schedule appointments by contacting Rockingham County Division of Public Health or Annie Penn Hospital.
- Rockingham County Division of Public Health:
- Vaccine appointments will be available to schedule every Friday at 12pm (Noon). Appointments can be booked online at www.rockinghamcountydhhs.org or www.co.rockingham.nc.us. To call and book an appointment, dial 336-394-0064. Please exercise patience as call volumes will be high and internet activity are usually extremely busy.
- Cone Health Annie Penn Hospital:
- Request an appointment at conehealth.com/vaccine. Those currently eligible requesting an appointment will be contacted within one week to schedule their vaccination. As new phases of eligibility open, wait times for appointments may vary.
"Rockingham Community College is very pleased to be partnering with the Rockingham County Health Department, Annie Penn Hospital and UNC Rockingham Hospital to provide a vaccine clinic on our campus. As a community college, we are charged with serving Rockingham County in any way that we can, and to be able to be part of the solution to get people vaccinated against COVID-19 is exciting. We have all been impacted in some way by the pandemic. Our college will be here to help people get back on their feet from an education standpoint, and we are also here to address other issues in our county,” said Gerri Hunt, Rockingham Community College, Director of Public Information and Grants.
For the education workforce, the Rockingham County Division of Public Health Services is working with Rockingham County Schools, private schools and childcare facilities to ensure eligible pre-K-12 staff who wants a vaccine - can receive a vaccine. A vaccination clinic for educators is planned for March 7, 2031. Cone Health Annie Penn Hospital and UNC Rockingham Health Care are providing staff to help with the education workforce vaccinations.