Professional Development & Career Advancement
Count on Cone Health to support your professional growth and development. Discover the people and programs dedicated to helping you achieve your goals so you can enjoy a long and rewarding nursing career with us.
IMPORTANT: If you are planning to advance your education at Cone Health, be sure to learn about the nursing professional education requirements.
Career Guidance & Coaching
As a nurse at Cone Health, you’ll have access to specialists who can help you discover and fulfill your career and educational goals. Meet one-on-one with our nursing outreach and retention manager or one of our nursing peer advocates to discuss options and get connected with people and resources to support your growth.
Professional Nurse Advancement Program
Advance your nursing career while continuing to provide direct patient care. With Cone Heath’s Professional Nurse Advancement Program, you’ll grow your knowledge, skills, responsibilities and earning potential as you progress through a four-tier clinical ladder.
Educational Opportunities for Nurses
Take advantage of learning opportunities to improve your foundational knowledge, nursing practice and clinical expertise. Through Cone Health and our partners, you’ll find a wide range of programs and activities to support your career goals, such as:
- Advanced medical simulations at Union Square Campus
- Continuing education opportunities and workshops – Expand your nursing knowledge and skills through online and in-person experiences, including classes at Greensboro Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- Nursing grand rounds – Discuss clinical experiences and best practices with your colleagues once a month
- Nurse Tech Academy – Teaches nurse techs skills needed to work in acute care settings through a four-week program focused on caring for older adults
- RN to BSN program – Allows RNs with an associate’s degree to complete a bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree in two years; some courses are available on the Cone Health campus
- Specialty training and specialty certification – Build confidence and credibility as you gain expertise, knowledge and skills in a specialized area
- Registered Nurse First Assistant Program – Gives perioperative nurses the advanced knowledge and skills to become certified registered nurse first assistants (RNFAs)
- Nurse Leader Fellowship – Provides experience needed for a career in advanced nursing leadership and helps you build strategic thinking, risk-taking and visionary role modeling skills
Financial Aid for Nursing Education & Certification
Cone Health is invested in you and your nursing career. That’s why you can count on us for financial support when you want to pursue an advanced nursing degree or specialty nursing certification.
Tuition Reimbursement for Nurses
Get paid back for nursing education expenses by utilizing Cone Health’s tuition reimbursement program.
- If you’re working toward a bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree, you may be eligible for $2,500 per calendar year.
- If you’re working toward a master’s of science in nursing (MSN), doctor of nursing practice (DNP) or a doctor of philosophy (PhD) in nursing, you may be eligible for $3,500 per calendar year.
Nursing Certification Reimbursement
Earn national certification in your nursing specialty and take advantage of Cone Health’s certification reimbursement program. Upon passing your initial certification or recertification examination, you can apply for reimbursement of the cost of your fees.