In keeping with CDC recommendations, and out of an abundance of caution, wherever possible Cone Health will be postponing or cancelling group gatherings.
In light of this policy, the cooking demonstrations are currently cancelled.
Join personal chef Lynn Wells, owner of Thyme Well Spent personal Chef Services, and a Cone Health oncology dietitian, for a free one-hour cooking demonstration each month. This class is designed to help people living with cancer and their caregivers find ways to get the best nutrition during and after treatment.
Classes are held the third Thursday of each month, from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Cone Health Cancer Center at Wesley Long Hospital, in Room G-081 of the Doris S. Tanger Center for Patient and Family Support. (Note: No December class.)
Upcoming class topics:
- January: Soups, Stews and Bisques - Using stock pots, crock pots and instant pots (Note schedule change: Class is on Thursday, Jan. 23)
- February: Craving Chocolate? - Treat yourself and experience creative ways to incorporate more chocolate into your diet.
- March: Class Cancelled
- April: Class Cancelled
- May: Ahhh Smoothies! - Fresh, frozen or canned, we can all use a little more fruit in our diet. Learn new ideas for making this refreshing snack or meal. Class involves group participation.
- June: In the Herb Garden - Ever wonder which spice or herb best compliments your meats, vegetables and starches? We have a quick reference spice chart just for you!
- July: No Cook Meals from the Garden - Don't feel like cooking? No problem! We'll explore easy and quick meals to get you through the summer.
- August: Cool Desserts - Nothing is sweeter than cooling off your sweet tooth with puddings, parfaits and tarts. We'll throw in a few surprises too!
- September: One Chicken - 3 Meals - Join us as we discover how to prepare the most popular bird 3 ways.
- October: Nips and Dabs - Appetite down? Don't feel like cooking or eating a full meal? It's all about nutritious snacks and nibbles to graze on in this class.
- November: Comfort Foods - Mmmmmm. Everyone has their favorite comfort food that reminds them of childhood or grandma's kitchen. We'll have your favorites made with a healthy twist.
- December: No Class in December
To register, call Brenda Epperson at 336-832-0688.
Class size is limited. Be sure to register so we can save you a seat at the table.