Join personal chef Lynn Wells, owner of Thyme Well Spent personal Chef Services, and a Cone Health oncology dietitian, for a free one-hour cooking demonstration each month. This class is designed to help people living with cancer and their caregivers find ways to get the best nutrition during and after treatment.
Classes are currently held virtually via Zoom.
To get more information & register by emailing SupportServicesProgramming@conehealth.com or by calling Brenda Epperson at 336-832-0688.
Register by emailing SupportServicesProgramming@conehealth.com or by calling Brenda Epperson at 336-832-0688.
Topics may include the below, and more!:
- Soups, Stews and Bisques - Using stock pots, crock pots and instant pots (Note schedule change: Class is on Thursday, Jan. 23)
- Craving Chocolate? - Treat yourself and experience creative ways to incorporate more chocolate into your diet.
- Ahhh Smoothies! - Fresh, frozen or canned, we can all use a little more fruit in our diet. Learn new ideas for making this refreshing snack or meal. Class involves group participation.
- In the Herb Garden - Ever wonder which spice or herb best compliments your meats, vegetables and starches? We have a quick reference spice chart just for you!
- No Cook Meals from the Garden - Don't feel like cooking? No problem! We'll explore easy and quick meals to get you through the summer.
- Cool Desserts - Nothing is sweeter than cooling off your sweet tooth with puddings, parfaits and tarts. We'll throw in a few surprises too!
- One Chicken - 3 Meals - Join us as we discover how to prepare the most popular bird 3 ways.
- Nips and Dabs - Appetite down? Don't feel like cooking or eating a full meal? It's all about nutritious snacks and nibbles to graze on in this class.
- Comfort Foods - Mmmmmm. Everyone has their favorite comfort food that reminds them of childhood or grandma's kitchen. We'll have your favorites made with a healthy twist.