This support group for stroke survivors, their families and friends meets on the second Thursday of each month from 6 to 7 p.m. (September-May) at The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, Department 4West, Rehabilitation Center Dayroom.
Enter the Moses Cone Hospital campus from N. Church St. (GPS location: 1121 North Church St.) and follow the signs to the main entrance where valet parking can assist you. Staff will be happy to help direct you or provide transport as needed.
Note: No meetings June - August
Guilford Stroke Support Group 2019-2020 Schedule
- September 12: Kick-off party
- October 10: John Rife from the Greensboro Aquatic Center
- November 14: Diet education with food in prep for Thanksgiving
- December 12: Holiday Music party
- January 9: “Tell your own story”
- February 13: Tracie Heavner , Director of YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention program to talk about general wellness and the special programs offered by the YMCA
- March 12: Caregiver support/ education
- April 9: Stroke walk information, general discussion about exercise and fitness.
- May 14: Adaptive Sports and Recreation