This free five-week course is taught by certified childbirth educators. A weekend class is also available several times a year. Expectant parents are encouraged to take this class in their third trimester, completing it by their 35th to 36th week. A variety of topics include: the role of the support person, nutrition and exercise, stages of labor, breathing and comfort techniques, pain management options, what to expect at the hospital, cesarean sections, and adjusting to life with a new baby. The class includes a tour of the BirthPlace at Alamance Regional unless temporary visitor restrictions are in place. Register online by clicking the link above or by calling the LiveWell Line at 336-586-4000. Your partner is encouraged to attend with you...they do not need to register separately.
Directions to the Alamance Regional Education Center:
- Turn into the Alamance Regional campus from Huffman Mill Road and go straight.
- Turn right into the Medical Mall parking lot (third entrance on your right).
- After parking in the Medical Mall parking lot you will walk down a long sidewalk and enter the Medical Mall through a revolving door (statue of family in front of the building).
- Upon entering the Medical Mall, take the elevator on your left to the Lower Level.
- When you come out of the elevator, go around the corner to your left and the Education Center will be on your right…it’s directly across from the cafeteria.