Setting your location helps us to show you nearby providers and locations based on your healthcare needs.
Your Location is set to Change My Location
Cone Health wants to help you get well and stay well. This section provides tools and information to achieve good health and maintain your well-being.
Learn what community resources are available to help you get well and stay well.
View health and wellness news you can use from Cone Health providers on
View Advanced Search OptionsView All Doctors
View All Locations
Home > Patient & Family Resources > Health Library > Assess Your Drug Use
VISITOR RESTRICTIONS: To help control the spread of respiratory illnesses such as COVID-19, no visitors are allowed at Cone Health hospitals, cancer centers, outpatient clinics and practices, with limited exceptions. Learn more.
You can complete this form and print it for easy reference. When you exit the form, the information will be deleted.
Answer these questions based on your use of drugs—not alcohol— in the past 12 months. Choose the answer that is mostly right for you.
These questions are asking about risky drug use, including:
Drugs may include:
If you think you might have a drug problem, see a doctor no matter what your results are from this quiz.
The results you get depend on how honest you are when you answer the questions.
Answer every question. Read each question, and click the check box in the "Yes" or "No" column. If you feel a question is hard to answer, choose the answer that you feel is mostly right.
In the past 12 months:
1. Have you used drugs other than the ones you needed for medical reasons?
2. Have you used more than one drug at a time without a medical reason or without your doctor telling you to?
3. Is it hard for you to stop using drugs when you want to?
4. Have you ever had a blackout or flashback from using drugs?
5. Have you ever felt bad or guilty about using drugs?
6. Have your friends or family ever complained about your drug use?
7. Have you neglected your family because of your drug use?
8. Have you done anything illegal so you can get drugs?
9. Have you felt sick (had withdrawal symptoms) when you stopped using drugs?
10. Have you had health problems because of your drug use? (For example, have you had memory loss, hepatitis, convulsions, or bleeding?)
Your score indicates the degree of problems that your drug use may cause:
Adapted from "Drug Use Questionnaire," © Copyright 1982 by Harvey A. Skinner, PhD, and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Canada.
Current as of:
August 21, 2019
Author: Healthwise StaffMedical Review: Adam Husney MD - Family MedicineMartin J. Gabica MD - Family MedicineKathleen Romito MD - Family MedicinePeter Monti PhD - Alcohol and AddictionChristine R. Maldonado PhD - Behavioral Health
Current as of: August 21, 2019
Author: Healthwise Staff
Medical Review:Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine & Martin J. Gabica MD - Family Medicine & Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine & Peter Monti PhD - Alcohol and Addiction & Christine R. Maldonado PhD - Behavioral Health
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org.
© 1995-2020 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Subscribe to our Wellness Matters e-newsletter, a monthly snapshot of the some of great wellness content from Cone Health providers.