Insurance & Managed Care Contracts
Protect your health and financial well-being by making sure you have health insurance coverage.
Managed Care Contracts
Under a managed care health insurance plan, patients receive the highest levels of quality care, at the lowest possible cost when patients choose hospitals, laboratories, clinics and providers that are part of the patient’s plan networks. Cone Health currently maintains contracts with the below managed care plans:
- Aetna Medicare
- Beacon Health Options, Inc. (Behavioral Health)
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield NC - Commercial
- Blue Cross Blue Shield NC - Medicare Advantage
- Healthy Blue (BCBSNC – Medicaid Plan)
- Bright Health (Market Exchange Plan)
- Carolina Behavioral Health Alliance LLS (Behavioral Health)
- ChoiceCare (Humana / Health Value Management)
- Cigna - Commercial
- Cigna Behavioral Health, Inc.
- HealthTeam Advantage (Care N’ Care Insurance Company of North Carolina Inc.)
- Liberty Advantage, LLC (Medicare Advantage)
- Longevity Health Plan of North Carolina, Inc. (Medicare Advantage)
- Magellan Behavioral Health, Inc.
- NC Health Insurance Risk Pool-NCHIRP/Inclusive Health
- Partners Behavioral Health Management (Behavioral Health)
- Piedmont Community Health Care Alliance
- Piedmont Health SeniorCare, Inc. (Medicare Advantage)
- PACE of Guilford and Rockingham Counties
- PACE of Alamance County
- Piedmont Health Services, Inc.
- Primary PhysicianCare
- Private HealthCare Systems, Inc.
- Provider Partners Health Plan of North Carolina, Inc. (Medicare Special Needs Plan)
- Pyramid Life Insurance Company
- Sandhills Center (Medicaid Behavioral Health)
- SouthCare PPO, Inc.
- United Healthcare – Commercial
- United Healthcare – Medicare Advantage
- United Healthcare - Medicaid
- Vaya Health (Medicaid Behavioral Health)
- Veteran’s Administration Community Care Network (Optum is contracting this plan)
- Virginial Premier Health Plan, Inc. (limited to professional services at Reidsville Endocrinology Associates)
- WellCare - Medicaid
Christian Ministries Fund Raising
Cone Health considers Christian Ministries Fund Raising as insurance. As such the patient would not receive an uninsured discount and the patient would be responsible for any balance after the Ministry Fund Raising submits payment. Listed below are some of the Christian Fund Raising organizations:
- Liberty Healthshare
- Samaritan Ministries
- Christian Healthcare Ministries
**This listings above are provided for informational purposes only and no representations are made that your particular plan or your dependent’s plan is covered. Please note that each of the above insurance carriers maintains multiple plans and product lines. It is the sole responsibility of the patient or the legal representative of the patient to determine insurance coverage and to what extent insurance coverage assists financially.
Learn More About Health Insurance
Visit the understanding health insurance section of our health library to learn about types of health insurance and why health insurance is important, as well as how to choose a plan.
Changes to NC Medicaid
New NC Medicaid plans took effect on July 1, 2021. This means your new NC Medicaid health plan is responsible for healthcare you receive. Cone Health doctors and hospitals are participating in the following NC Medicaid health plans: HealthyBlue, UnitedHealthcare and WellCare. Get more details about the NC Medicaid changes.
Get Health Insurance
All consumers—insured, underinsured and uninsured—can shop for insurance policies on the North Carolina Health Insurance Marketplace. Learn more about obtaining insurance and Cone Health's participation in the program