Patient Estimates & Charges
At Cone Health, we are committed to helping you estimate costs of your care. When planning procedures and services, we understand out-of-pocket costs are an important consideration.
As with all estimates, we cannot guarantee your actual charges or what you may be responsible for paying. Actual out-of-pocket costs and differences in pricing between hospitals and providers are impacted by many variables:
- How complete the estimate is: Cone Health’s estimator tool does not include charges for professional fees for radiologists, pathologists, anesthesiologists, emergency room physicians or other similar fees.
- Your insurance coverage: Health plan coverage may differ among individual plans and hospitals.
- What your hospital offers: Pricing can vary, especially if a hospital offers complex or specialized care.
- Changes in your care: The severity of your condition, type of care or services you need, drug or device price changes and more can impact cost.
We offer two online options below for reviewing Cone Health estimates and charges. These options include an out-of-pocket estimator tool that allows you to search by services. You can also view a list of standard charges by county where we have hospital locations.
Get Your Out-of-Pocket Estimate
You can get an out-of-pocket cost estimate in several ways:
- Current patients can request an estimate for a scheduled visit or procedure through MyChart or by phone (336-907-8515). If you are a current patient and would like to set up a MyChart account, you can request a MyChart account online.
- Current patients with a Cone Health MyChart account can create online estimates for scheduled or potential visits. By selecting Cone Health MyChart Users, your estimate will take your insurance coverage, including copays, co-insurance or deductibles, into consideration. Your estimate may not reflect recent care or payments.
- If you are not yet a Cone Health patient or do not have a Cone Health MyChart account, you can select the option for Guest Estimate Users. You will need your current insurance information.
Your estimate’s accuracy depends on the accuracy of the information you provide.
Our self-pay estimate is for patients who do not have insurance coverage. The self-pay estimate applies our uninsured discount to the estimated charges. If you are enrolled in an insurance plan and elect not to use it for these services, you will not be eligible for the self-pay discount. Additional information for those without insurance coverage is available from Cone Health’s financial assistance programs..
Get Your Estimate
Cone Health MyChart Users Guest Estimate Users
List of Standard Charges
We offer a searchable standard list of charges for each county where Cone Health has hospital locations, including Alamance County, Guilford County and Rockingham County.
As required by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) , each standard list file displays a large amount of information, including services or service packages, types of standard charges and billing codes. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Supplies, procedures, and room and board
- Use of the facility and other items, which are generally described as facility fees
- Services of employed physicians and non-physician practitioners, which are generally reflected as professional charges
- Any other items or services for which a hospital has established a charge
However, our list of standard charges does not include services provided by contracted physicians, including but not limited to, radiologists, pathologists, anesthesiologists and emergency room physicians who may provide services during a typical hospital stay.
Most of the time, we believe our out-of-pocket cost estimator tool will be easier to use and more useful to you.