Understanding Your Out-of-Pocket Costs
We hope that the pricing information below helps you make more informed decisions, and we plan to further refine and improve the usefulness of this information over time so that it does. In complying with a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services requirement that we post online our standard charges, we are making every effort to help you understand this information. And yet, health care pricing is complicated and complex, so here are some important factors to keep in mind:
- The prices of services and goods can be influenced by the severity of your medical condition and the required rigor of your care based on your individual needs. Prices of drugs or devices can vary by manufacturer based on availability.
- Your out-of-pocket costs can vary based on whether or not you have insurance and what discounts have been negotiated with your insurer.
When comparing our prices with those of another health care system, be sure to take into account whether those costs include the hospital and the provider (physicians, advanced practice providers and nurse practitioners), which are often billed separately, as well as other health care providers such as anesthesiologists. In addition, in some cases, our prices are different from other health systems when we offer a unique level of expertise.
We review our charges annually to ensure they accurately reflect the high-quality care we seek to provide. All of our hospitals use the same List of Standard Charges.
- I understand that the List of Standard Charges represents inpatient and outpatient hospital services that may be provided at our hospitals.
- I understand that the List of Standard Charges includes hospital services only and does not contain professional fees for either Cone Health or non-Cone Health physicians or other advanced practitioners.
- I understand that a single line item charge may not represent a complete medical service; in general, multiple charge line items are necessary to represent all components of a service (e.g. procedure(s), supplies, and drugs).
- I understand that the List of Standard Charges is not intended for media use.
- I understand that Cone Health provides price estimates for many common hospital services, and that I may call the numbers listed below Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. to speak with a patient financial services representative to obtain a service-specific price estimate based on my individual circumstances and patient responsibility.
I DO NOT ACCEPT
- If you need a pricing estimate for surgery, call 336-907-8515, ext. 42508.
- If you need a pricing estimate for radiology procedures, call 336-907-8515, ext. 42536.