When you receive a diagnosis of kidney cancer, turn to Cone Health Cancer Center for advanced care right in your community.
Multidisciplinary Kidney Cancer Care
You’ll benefit from coordinated care by a multidisciplinary team, including urologists with expertise in minimally invasive surgical treatments. Your team meets regularly to review your health and develop a customized care plan that includes the latest advances in kidney cancer treatment.
Kidney Cancer Treatments
Depending your condition, preferences and goals, your kidney cancer care plan may include:
- Ablation – Uses extreme cold (cryoablation) or high-energy radio waves (radiofrequency ablation) to destroy cancer cells
- Chemotherapy– Attacks rapidly reproducing cells, including cancer cells; usually delivered through an IV
- Immunotherapy – Stimulates the immune system to fight cancer; usually given as a pill
- Targeted therapy – Uses medication that identifies and attacks cancer cells; usually given as a pill
- Radiation therapy – Destroys cancer cells using targeted, high-energy rays
- Surgery (partial or radical nephrectomy) – Removes part or all of the kidney affected by cancer along with some surrounding tissue
Learn more about cancer treatments and support services at Cone Health.
Minimally Invasive Nephrectomy
Whenever possible, your urologist uses a minimally invasive techniques, such as extremely precise robotic-assisted surgery, to treat kidney cancer. That means you’ll experience less pain and scarring and a quicker recovery.
See your doctor regularly for follow-up care that monitors your health and helps you live well after kidney cancer. Learn more about survivorship and follow-up care at Cone Health Cancer Center.