When you face a condition that impacts your breathing, look to Cone Health for pulmonary rehabilitation that helps you control your symptoms, live more independently and improve your health.
Lung Conditions that Benefit
Your doctor may recommend pulmonary rehabilitation if you’re recovering from lung surgery or living with a pulmonary condition such as:
What Happens in Pulmonary Rehab?
You’ll attend pulmonary rehabilitation twice a week to participate in:
- Closely-monitored exercise in a small-group setting
- Nutrition counseling with a registered dietitian
- Sessions on breathing, stress management and energy conservation strategies
- Education about medications, oxygen equipment, emergency response and more
Encourage your family and caregivers to join you for education sessions.
Individualized For You
Partner with your pulmonary rehabilitation team to set goals and create a rehabilitation care plan customized to your needs. At Cone Health, you’ll receive one-on-one attention from our specialists as you enjoy the camaraderie and support of your peers.
How Pulmonary Rehabilitation Helps
Cone Health’s pulmonary rehabilitation programs may help you:
- Control and alleviate your symptoms
- Gain physical endurance (exercise tolerance)
- Improve your mental health
- Increase your ability to care for yourself and manage daily activities
- Live a more active life
- Reduce hospitalizations and related healthcare costs
- Slow the progression of your lung disease
Feel confident, supported and safe throughout your program thanks to a multidisciplinary team of experienced rehabilitation professionals. You may work with:
Maintain Your Gains
You’ll participate in the program for 8 to 12 weeks, depending on your needs. To maintain your progress after the program ends, continue home use of the techniques and exercises you learned and ask about your location’s maintenance program.