Support Children’s Services at Cone Health
Donations of toys, games and more help children and families cope with the stress of a hospital stay. Explore ways you can support young patients and families at Cone Health.
Give to the Moses Cone Hospital Playroom
The playroom at Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital accepts items for toddlers, children and teenagers. Help us keep our young patients in the best possible health by following our safety and infection control guidelines.
Items We Accept
- New toys, books and games
- New stuffed animals
- New and used video games for PlayStation 2 (PS2) and Xbox 360. (Rated E10 and under only)
- Gently used washable plastic toys, such as Fisher-Price, Playskool and Little Tikes
View our Amazon wish list for additional ideas.
Items We’re Unable to Accept
Please do not bring:
- Toys that depict violence, including guns or swords (Super heroes are okay provider there are no weapons)
- Used or not newly purchased stuffed animals or fabric dolls
- Used cardboard books, puzzles or games
- Rubber or latex balloons
- Religious materials
How to Make a Playroom Donation
All donations and community projects must first be approved. To request a community project, or get a donation approved, please call our Recreation Therapy department at (336) 832-7207.
Donate Gifts for Young Patients
Help bring smiles to children staying at Moses Cone Hospital by donating new items to give as gifts. Suggested items for each age group include:
Infants and Toddlers
- Rattles, squeeze toys and teething toys
- Mobiles and crib activity centers
- Toys that light up or make music or noise
- Stacking toys
- Board books
- Receiving blankets
- Bouncer seats
- Clothing and bibs (especially sizes 3–6 months and 6–9 months)
- New infant socks
- Little Tikes toys
- No-spill bubble tumblers
- Baby dolls (plastic with no hair)
- Cars and trucks
- Musical toys
- Toy doctor kits, such as the Fisher-Price Medical Kit
- Non-toxic washable paint and brushes
- Pajama sets and new socks
School Age Kids
- Coloring books and crayons, art kits, and drawing toys, such as Etch A Sketch and Magna Doodle
- Craft and jewelry-making kits
- Non-toxic washable paint and brushes
- Board games and video games
- Building toys, such as LEGO® bricks
- Barbie® dolls
- Stuffed animals
- New socks and pajama sets
- Gift cards to popular stores
- Card and board games, such as Jenga, Taboo and Uno
- Video games
- Tablets and e-readers
- Craft kits
- Crossword or word search books
- Makeup, aftershave, body lotion and nail polish
- New socks
- Gym shorts, t-shirts and nightgowns
All patient gift donations must first be approved. To request approval, please call our Recreation Therapy department at (336) 832-7207.
Once approved, bring items to Moses Cone Hospital’s central information desk in the North Tower lobby or deliver them directly to the children’s unit on the sixth floor. Label your donation with your name and addresses so we can send you an acknowledgement.
Other Support Opportunities
Organize a Community Service Project
If your volunteer group would like to do a community service project to support children staying at Moses Cone Hospital, call our recreation therapy department at 336-837-7207. All community projects must be approved.
Hands On Support
If you are interested in an interactive opportunity to support the children’s unit on a regular basis by offering your time and presence, please follow the link below to learn about opportunities through our hospital volunteer program.
Help Our NICU Families
Support families with ill or premature babies in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at Women’s Hospital. Visit Family Support Network of Central Carolina to discover how you can help through donations of baby supplies and equipment.
More Ways To Give
See how charitable gifts benefit your friends and neighbors in the Piedmont Triad and find more ways you can make a difference by giving to Cone Health.